I thought I should give an update to everyone because i fixed the issue.
1) I contacted support and they sent an update to my router. At first this didn't work.
2) Although UPnP is enabled, I manually port forwarded 32400 external to 32400 internal (BOTH). This didn't work although the Plex Server said remote connection is working.
3) I was using an old network switch that I changed out.
4) I contacted support again and they resent the update
5) Although 32400 is the port Plex uses by default I checked the box to manually set the port and chose 32400 in the Plex Server. Plex fully connected after this and I could access it!!
6) My phone app would still not connect so I cleared the app data and BINGO!
Its all up and running now
I hope this helps anyone else that runs into this problem. I really like this gryphon router but it's definitely more limited I when you need to customize things. I can't remember the last time I had to contact support for any of my devices let alone a router...