Burrito

Level 23
Yeah where is that dude Slyguy?

Yeah.... Sly was a little bit unhappy with a few things here at MT-Ville. He sent me a PM indicating that he might just 'disappear' one day.

I don't think we've seen the last of Sly -- at least I hope not. Sly and I go way back -- in message board years. A message board year is half of a dog year.

Even with his 'tin foil leanings' -- he's a good dude and value added.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 20
Verified
Yeah.... Sly was a little bit unhappy with a few things here at MT-Ville. He sent me a PM indicating that he might just 'disappear' one day.

I don't think we've seen the last of Sly -- at least I hope not. Sly and I go way back -- in message board years. A message board year is half of a dog year.

Even with his 'tin foil leanings' -- he's a good dude and value added.
Every one here misses you Slyguy where ever you are !
And yes 99% of my comments in this fourm is full of crap at best .
But only truthful thing is I miss your insightful perspective and jokes .
God bless you Slyguy !
Come back!

Last edited:

blackice

Level 27
Verified
For the couple other people who confirmed the DNS leak when using a manual DNS. I asked Gryphon for an update a couple days ago on the situation. Not only had they confirmed the issue, they have a firmware ready to fix and offered to push it to my router. It pushed last night and the issue is fixed. Not sure when the next firmware push is due, but you could also inquire about it. Or, it’ll be fixed in the next release. It does in fact resolve DNS queries properly again! I’m very happy!

blackice

Level 27
Verified
Hi,

a question is there any chance to get a Gryphon router here in Europe?

The site itself (Gryphon) just deliveres to the U.S. -.-

On Amazon the product is listed but since a long long time not available...

Sincerely
Val.
Due to the virus outbreak they have been low on stock lately. They do have a UK site, I think, but I'm not sure about Europe.

Reactions: Cortex

brij

Is someone has a wifi signal issue with a gryphon? I am frustrated by its weak signal issue.

If I sit next to the router, I get 75% signal
I move 10 feet away, the signal drops around 15 to 20%

If I go to my bedroom, which is like 20 feet away from the router, I hardly get 40 to 50% signal. Speed is drastically reduced when I am in bedroom.

Even when I sit next to the router, I hardly get full internet speed. (i have 100MBPS plan). If I connect directly via ethernet, I get 100+ Mbps, but via wifi, I get around 60 to 70 MBPS.

Any hints , what can be done. I cant return also, now it is more than a couple months.

Thanks
Brijesh

Cortex

Level 23
Verified
Normally I would use eBay but it's not anything like a normal router, will probably just give it to a relative or a friend, as I've sold hundreds of routers on eBay & I'm no longer inclined to be a support service for people who ought to leave things to those who understand - I have 100% on there & no losing it over a router :):):)

Reactions: upnorth