Slyguy

Level 40
Is it possible to turn off admin access from the WAN? I tried to skim back through this thread, and don’t remember seeing a comment on that.
There is no access to the router from the WAN. No SSH, No Telnet, No Web Interface. It tunnels back to the secured AWS bucket, then is accessed through the app. The app is authenticated by your username/password, and a QR code on the bottom of the router. Rendering hacking largely impossible by the layers of security and lack of normal intrusion routes.

As for wifi signal being too strong, Gryphon offers low-power mode, and also the ability to schedule WiFi to be off (such as during sleep).

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

blackice

Level 1
There is no access to the router from the WAN. No SSH, No Telnet, No Web Interface. It tunnels back to the secured AWS bucket, then is accessed through the app. The app is authenticated by your username/password, and a QR code on the bottom of the router. Rendering hacking largely impossible by the layers of security and lack of normal intrusion routes.

As for wifi signal being too strong, Gryphon offers low-power mode, and also the ability to schedule WiFi to be off (such as during sleep).
Okay, I see. I guess my confusion was that their website says you can access the router through the app even when you are not on the network.