GTA 5 Mods - Are they malware free? Is it safe to use one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Lam

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2015
Yes, Mods from this site are safe. Although, Scan everything before installing it. If you do happen to detect something which is infected, there's a report feature on the site which will report the file to a moderator for removal.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Whereas, I am not an expert in game mods but it seems they change some files on your PC, then "potentially," they could drop malware.
It is important to emphasize that the diffusion and the great demand for something, can be an honeypot for malcoders.
It is good to use reliable sources but, however, this is not something "official" by its nature.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hello @ng4ever how ya doing brother ?
One rule of thumb I practice when dealing with gaming mods as a veteran gamer, is I will always get them from the publishers forum
whenever possible or from places they recommend or promote, that site look safe and proceeding as @Bryan Lam suggests you should be ok.
Here is RockStar's official statement concerning mods:
Game safe brother ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.