Guide | How To Guide on How to Tell if a File is Malicious

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Hey Chiron, I have a question: How much money do you get from all these Tech Support Alert articles? :p

Just about as much as you do. :dodgy:

Don't worry, I'll hopefully have a new one once Comodo finally lets Comodo Cleaning Essentials out of beta. That is assuming they don't cripple it be removing killswitch from the publically available version. Keep you fingers crossed. :great:

Reactions: Svoll

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Chiron said:
Just about as much as you do. :dodgy:

Don't worry, I'll hopefully have a new one once Comodo finally lets Comodo Cleaning Essentials out of beta. That is assuming they don't cripple it be removing killswitch from the publically available version. Keep you fingers crossed. :great:

Lol. I got a fair amount of $$ from writing at http://www.brighthub.com/. They are so loaded with ads that I hate to visit it, however (lol) (and all the other writers just focus on money, and don't care a thing about accuracy).

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Nice,great guide,must say -- But,you can add sites like NoVirusThanks or Eset online scanner in the tab 'check the file with VirusTotal.com'

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
@Chiron
What is the meaning of this msg
"Unfortunately your file could not be executed.

It seems the file you provided is a Windows executable (PE) file, but the program failed to load/start in our analysis system. A typical reason for this error is that some of the required library files (dlls) are missing in our system or the program was not intended to be run in the operating system we are using.

According to the Unix file command your file is of the following type:
PE32 executable (native) Intel 80386, for MS Windows "

I uploaded the driver at anubis (.sys) and found above result .
So unlike virustotal it is only for exe file ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.