Hacker Breached Servers Belonging to Multiple VPN Providers

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Servers belonging to the NordVPN and TorGuard VPN companies were hacked and attackers stole and leaked the private keys associated with certificates used to secure their web servers and VPN configuration files.

Over the weekend, security researcher @hexdefined tweeted that NordVPN, of which we are an affiliate, was compromised as the private keys for their web site certificate were publicly leaked on the Internet.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I'm a fortune telller LOL i told yesterday in another thread that more popular a VPN will be, more it will be a target to various actors....

not saying, NordVPN uses Virtual servers hence making them easier to attack. Serious VPN company would and own use baremetal servers...

Once again, Nord accumulate bad situations, unlike few years ago, i wont use it today, you have better now..

Last edited by a moderator:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I'm a fortune telller LOL i told yesterday in another thread that more popular a VPN will be, more it will be a target to various actors....

not saying, NordVPN uses Virtual servers hence making them easier to attack. Serious VPN company would and own use baremetal servers...

Once again, Nord accumulate bad situations, unlike few years ago, i wont use it today, you have better now..
But they didn’t tell you to try to investigate and keep you safe...not to try to hide and hope nobody saw the 8chan post. They have your best interests at heart. (y)

• HaHa
Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.