Hackers Forge Certificates to Break into Spy Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
After breaching the Dutch CA (Certification Authority) DigiNotar, Iranian hackers managed to sign forged certificates for the domains of spy agencies CIA, Mossad and MI6. Leading certification authorities like VeriSign and Thawte were also targeted, as were Iranian dissident sites.

The cyber attack on DigiNotar, a Dutch subsidiary of VASCO Data Security International Inc, is much more serious than previously thought. In July, hackers gained access to the network and infrastructure of several of DigiNotar's CAs. Once inside, they generated hundreds of forged certificates for third-party domains.

read more

besiputih1

Jun 17, 2011
HeffeD said:
besiputih1 said:
2 word Asian kick ass

:huh: The hacks originated in Iran...

Asian refers to a person from Asia ( from wikipedia ) you probably thing i refer to Chinese or similar to them ? if i make a mistake please correct me.

sorry for bad grammar

D

Deleted member 178

yes dont mistaken between Asia and South-East Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.