Hacking Google: The three Israeli white hats rooting out the web's security holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Summary: Three Israeli hackers have been among the most prolific hunters in Google's bug bounty program - but they still trust the company with their data.

If you've been trusting the cloud with your data, three Israeli hackers have a message for you: the cloud isn't safe. It really, really isn't safe.

How unsafe is it? "It's so unsafe that I refused to put a credit card on PayPal until I was able to personally test their security," said hacker Ben Hayak. "And it's a good thing I didn't because they really had a major security hole, which has since been closed."

Hayak was able to check PayPal's cloud security thanks to the company's "bug bounty" programme, which pays hackers to search out security vulnerabilities on its site.

Source

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Interesting read, might want to think twice before using free cloud services. As the article reads, you get what you pay for.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Would be good to look into, well the way I look at it you get $500 - $3,000 per bug, so that is easy cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.