Hadden Security Config

Hadden

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Ok, enhanced config. Good script blocker solved bad web-behaviour.
Now UAC is on "non dim"; probably I'll use HIPS training for its function.
The win updates, even if they're on "manual" are checked often.
Android custom rom as latest was 4.3 (and slow) for my phone.
Now is 5.1.1 (and is stagefright-protected)

Last edited:
N

Noxx

I highly recommend you uninstalling SpyHunter ASAP. Google it and you'll learn why. You can keep Panda Free if you want as a real-time malware prot, but I would recommend you picking up an anti-executable like NVT Exe Radar Pro, Voodooshield, APPGUARD, ReHIPS, etc. The freebies are the first two options. I'll leave the rest to others. Thanks for sharing your config. ;)

Hadden

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Ok.
However, I'll try some of these: I really need an hips module, which is also "light" (comodo proactive is a resource hog on my pc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Or if the UAC irritates you, Download VooDooShield leave it on training mode for 24 to 48 hours, then move it to smart mode.
This trains it, then disable UAC altogether, VooDoo is a very secure UAC replacement if you take the time to train it.
PeAcE

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
ENABLE UAC it saves computers, SmartScreen is also very good as they work on kernel level. FRST isnt an Anti-Malware scanner it just gives diagnostic logs. Install a password manager. Just use the extentions that are MOST inportant at this point its more harming the system than help.

Hadden

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
I'll look voodooshield too and probably go with it.
Ok, cleaning a bit around, UAC doesn't slow anymore (but I still can't bear its desktop dim: is too annoying for me);
I like the replacement idea of VS, and it has a sandbox too.
Don't remember why I put Smartscreen off. Probably as it locked some software I trust/use, and I like to choose when use something, even if I shouldn't (I know often are blocked for a valid reason)
I'm also using umatrix, who killed bad-behaviours from sites - expecially the nasty ads-in-new-tab and the unwanted redirects.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
UAC should have nothing to do with computer lag and it should be set to at least the default setting.
I would also enable smartscreen preferably system wide as already suggested.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

MOD Edit: username added to title as it is required

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Please enable UAC. And i would suggest some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may try ReHIPS but aware from its powerful configuration.

Or go to the whitelisting technology like SecureAplus or CrystalSecurity or even Voodoshield.

Your configuration is fine and since you want to add another layer then the choice is yours. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.