:)

Reactions: aragornnnn

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Never play with malware on your host PC! You should use a virtual machine for that like VirtualBox or VMware.
Install 1 or 2 on demand scanners like Zemana Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

I also recommend HTTPS Everywhere for chrome (extension) and Macrium Reflect for making sytem images.
CCleaner for cleaning up junk maybe?
Thanks for sharing your config :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Never test malware on a host-PC (use Shadow Defender, or better yet, a virtual machine). Add an on-demand scanner (Zemana, Hitmanpro). Enable Smartscreen.

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Regardless of if you have a clean install method, never test malware on your host PC. I may sound like a broken record, but no matter if you have a solid config, trust no solution, especially if you rely on only one solution (Kaspersky).

No config is bulletproof, so it is better to prevent infection by testing in a virtual machine than it is to have to clean install and risk data loss from the malware.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSuperGeek

Level 2
Verified
Jan 6, 2017
2017-01-17_17h01_19.png

Thanks all,

I have enough experience how to deal with malware and how to put my security suit in solid and light sitting .
+
Windows clean Image , just in case.
Hi !
Here, at MT we have persons that test AV with malwares that aren't reconized by antiviruses so your settings won't protect you if you play with some of them.
Even with a Recovery CD.

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

You can be bypassed even if you use a sandbox, anti-executable, and Kaspersky (TAM, High Heuristics, Max Settings, and PUP detection), it just doesn't matter. I used Kaspersky for years and know all the tweaks. However, it isn't completely foolproof, just very good.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
The VM is a shield in many ways. It is a shield for your MBR and for your files and for data on any storage devices you may have attached to the computer. It is also a shield against the possibility of damage to hardware that could happen as a result of malware escaping onto the system. It protects your entire network basically and could be protecting others too. Why the risk? There is excellent information here on MTs about how to test properly and securely. Following the procedures will enable you to focus on the results of testing without the worry that your system may be infected somehow without your knowledge or that you may pass on a malware infection.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamo and aragornnnn

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Your PC is at risk as you should never test malware on your host PC.This should be done in a Virtual environment only.
It is strongly recommended that you consider some type of system & data backup solution or edit your config to reflect what you use for "Manual/on demand backups"
Backups are a very important part of ones security setup and are often overlooked.
What version of Kaspersky Internet Security are you using?
Consider a couple on demand scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Zemana Antimalware,HitmanPro,etc.
Consider CCleaner for a system utility option.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Even the most experienced users can make human errors; drivers, pilots, surgeons etc. the outcome is often catastrophic.

Your PC and other connected-devices to your network are at risk.

If you use HitmanPro.Alert, you can include it in your Configuration.

Your old thread has been removed.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Thank you all friends for your advises ,

I will add 2 program to my PC "why not" :
1- VirtualBox.
2- Shadow Defender.
3- Re-install HitmanPro.Alert.

Reactions: AtlBo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.