Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Hard Configurator report for may 2019
  1. Containment: KVM/QEMU
  2. Windows: 10 LTSB
  3. VPN: CyberGhost
  4. Product: Windows SmartScreen (activated by Hard_Configurator with recommended SRP and restrictions)
  5. Office: LibreOffice (standard settings)
Disclaimer: Experimental setup for testing effectiveness of Windows SmartScreen and script restrictions against 0-day malware samples. This test is suitable for users with above-average knowledge of Windows' built-in security features.

may 2019Amount of samplesSamples that have harmed the system/ changed system configurationFiles aren't touched/encrypted
Malware Samples #13130yes
Malware Samples #23230yes
Mixed Threats #20 (10/05/2019)200yes

Hard_Configurator by @Andy Ful

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Do all those (malware) files have "Unblock" unchecked (picture)?

View attachment 213324
You can test any EXE file after ticking "Unblock". If you run it normally, then SmartScreen will not be triggered. If you use "Run As SmartScreen or "Run By SmartScreen" the SmartScreen will be triggered, anyway. That is why I call this "Forced SmartScreen".(y)

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I try to run (normal) i got block by admin but after that when i check Properties that options is not there any more.

View attachment 213325
Using Unblock bypasses SmartScreen but not SRP. The "Run As SmartScreen" feature bypasses SRP, but obligatory forces SmartScreen.:giggle:
Whatever you will do, you are protected.(y)

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Do all those (malware) files have "Unblock" unchecked (picture)?

View attachment 213324

Even if the question has already been answered: I recorded a short video where I show uncut downloading samples and their properties (a few things I had to censor).

tl;dr:
the samples don't have a mark of the web because I use 7-zip

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.