Expired Hard Disk Sentinel Standard 5.01 lifetime license for free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Conceptualclarity: Everybody should get Hard Disk Sentinel! This is one of the few programs I would never be without. It saved me from massive, costly data loss by alerting me to an impending hard drive failure. HDS is a very lightweight program; I've never seen it have surges of excessive processing usage. It can be configured to give audible warnings and/or email notifications concerning hard disk temperature, deterioration, and disk space. Set the thresholds for these things that you desire HDS to give you notification of.

Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100%
hard-disk-sentinel-4h1bf.png

(Many more screenshots at Hard Disk Sentinel screenshots)
Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition
Monitor the Health of Your Hard Drive
100% Off
Have you ever suffered through the pain and agony of a hard drive failure? To you, it's pretty straightforward -- one day your computer is humming along smoothly, and the next day it won't boot at all. But what you may not know is that, beyond the capabilities of your human senses, a whole host of little warning signs and other signals can actually tell you when hard drive failure is imminent! That's why Hard Disk Sentinel is so important.

Hard Disk Sentinel monitors and analyzes your hard disk and solid state drives, giving you valuable feedback on the health of the drive, any performance degradations, and warning of impending failure. With Hard Disk Sentinel, you'll be able to find, test, diagnose, and even repair disk drive issues before they escalate to catastrophic status.

And you won't have to worry about getting overwhelmed with a bunch of technical babble -- Hard Disk Sentinel gives you an easily understandable description of what's going on, and offers tips on how to proceed! A laundry list of alerts and reports gives you the ultimate flexibility to determine how close you wish to monitor your drives, letting you safeguard your data at all times.

Unlike some other titles on the market, Hard Disk Sentinel is a complete monitoring solution. There's no need to purchase other tools in order to verify internal hard disks, external hard disks, SSDs, or disks in RAID arrays!

What kinds of info do you get with Hard Disk Sentinel? How about temperature, and the ability to view S.M.A.R.T. (Self Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) data, a feature built into the latest disk drives. There's also real-time monitoring of disk transfer speeds, an important indicator of a failing hard drive!
  • Monitor and analyze the performance and health of hard disks, SSDs, RAID arrays, and USB drives.
  • Guard against catastrophic loss of data by knowing when your hard drive is failing.
  • In an instant, know the temperature of your hard drive, disk transfer speed, and other important data.
  • Detect and repair issues before they get worse.
  • Choose from a wide variety of alerts and reports.
  • After you purchase you will receive a download link to install the software
  • Download available for: Windows 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 2012 - both 32 and 64 bit
  • BitsDuJour's giveaway promotional discount gets you all this at no cost!
For a more detailed exposition of Features, see Features of Hard Disk Sentinel (standard) - HDD health and temperature monitoring

Hardware Requirements
  • Pentium or compatible CPU
  • 64 megabytes of system memory
  • 50 megabytes of hard disk space
  • One or more hard disk, solid state disk, hybrid drive (SSHD) with ATA (IDE or Serial ATA/SATA II/SATA 6G), SCSI, SAS, USB, NVMe interface.
    See Hardware compatibility pages for supported hard disk drives, SSD models, disk controllers and external hard disks / enclosures / adapters.
    Other type of external disks (some IEEE 1394 connections, or used in NAS enclosures and connected via Ethernet) are NOT supported because the hard disk controller chip in the external enclosure does not support the detection of hard disk status (S.M.A.R.T.) information.
  • After you purchase Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition it may be used indefinitely.
  • Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition is licensed per computer, and not per user.
  • Each license allows installation on 1 computer.
  • Transfer of a license to another owned computer is allowed.
  • License activation isn't required. what's this?
  • You can install/register the software at any time.
  • License can be used for Personal use only.
  • Support is not provided.
  • Your receipt email will contain a link to download and install the software. This will not be accessible after the promotion has expired, so download it immediately.
  • Review the Full License details for downloading and installing this software.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
This is excellent software to have! SMART doesn't always pick up on a failing hard drive. In fact, I had a failing hard drive report back through SMART status that the HDD was completely fine. Having previous experience I knew that the HDD was failing. To prove my thoughts correct I put this software onto the hard drive and within minutes I knew that the HDD didn't have much life left.

I have used this software so much that I would recommend this version or the professional version to anyone who wishes to check their hard drive or SSD.

Thanks for finding this great software on sale for free! The lifetime use of this version is another large plus!

Sincerely,

Lightning_Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@Weebarra as an experienced technician I have used this software for many years and it has not failed me yet. In fact, this software has saved countless headaches and potential loss of data many times. I would highly recommend it! Sometimes the same company even gives away their professional version. However, the standard is quite nice and light on resources.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
@Weebarra as an experienced technician I have used this software for many years and it has not failed me yet. In fact, this software has saved countless headaches and potential loss of data many times. I would highly recommend it! Sometimes the same company even gives away their professional version. However, the standard is quite nice and light on resources.

(y) @Lightning_Brian , it's always good to get a users point of view. I went for it but haven't checked my email yet.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
I found this software so useful I purchased Pro licenses for all my home PCs a few weeks back.

Seriously, this is one utility you really need along with your backup programs to save your data...and sanity I might add.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
(y) @Lightning_Brian , it's always good to get a users point of view. I went for it but haven't checked my email yet.

@Weebarra Your welcome! The e-mails usually come quite fast. If you haven't received your e-mail I would check your spam folder to see if it went in there by accident. This program is by far one of the 'must have' programs that I use. Personally, I would recommend this software to anyone - especially if you can get it free through this deal.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
It is a great software ;)
In case you see the first "signs" of a malfunction of the hard disk while continuing to be able to access the data stored in the drive, my advice is to proceed, without delay, in making a backup copy of all the information.
For this purpose we can use an external removable drive, or dump the data in a shared folder on the local network or on a different system.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
This is excellent software to have! SMART doesn't always pick up on a failing hard drive. In fact, I had a failing hard drive report back through SMART status that the HDD was completely fine. Having previous experience I knew that the HDD was failing. To prove my thoughts correct I put this software onto the hard drive and within minutes I knew that the HDD didn't have much life left.

I have used this software so much that I would recommend this version or the professional version to anyone who wishes to check their hard drive or SSD.

Thanks for finding this great software on sale for free! The lifetime use of this version is another large plus!

Sincerely,

Lightning_Brian

Thank you Lightning_Brian for the information. I use Perfect Disk by Raxco and it has Smart Monitoring, but after reading your reply I realize that it's really not enough. Thanks again!

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Thank you Lightning_Brian for the information. I use Perfect Disk by Raxco and it has Smart Monitoring, but after reading your reply I realize that it's really not enough. Thanks again!

@Serious Noize Your welcome! I always like providing my thoughts on software - especially the software that I feel is critical to have in your tool chest (or war chest if you'd like to think of it this way). I know many other technicians such as myself who have been using this software for many years to alert them of failing HDDs and SSDs.

As @tim one has mentioned/hinted at the fact that it is critical to start seeing the signs of possible SSD or HDD failure and as fast as possible. A backup plan is critical. Personally, I run a backup on my system using many different free versions of backup software such as Clonezilla (freeware), Anomi Backupper (free), and Acronis True Image 2017 (paid). Call me paranoid, but having more than one backup software to use to restore my backups helps to put my mind at ease. In addition to this, I back up more important work on flash drives or other removable media. You could also use network shares if you'd like. The key is to have a working backup of your system in case something awful does happen to your HDD or SSD (anything is possible). Thankfully with software like this, you can gain a heads up on the true health of your computer. However, I will always be prepared with an arsenal of backups to deploy at any given time (I don't take any chances with information)!

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing that:)
is it updateable?

On a giveaway you have to assume there is no free updating unless explicitly specified otherwise. Software makers need to be able to make a return on their labor in profits from selling their products.

@Weebarra Sometimes the same company even gives away their professional version. However, the standard is quite nice and light on resources.

I have the pro version on giveaway, but it was the only time I ever saw the pro version on giveaway in several years of subscribing to the giveaway sites. So if you ever see that again, folks, you will have to be very sure to grab it.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I like this software as I have mentioned earlier. But here is the main question I would like to ask.

This is the "STANDARD" version of the software. I read that it can "REPAIR" or "FIX" a hard drive. But the problem I have with that is that going to their site, and while reading that I can't seem to find anything saying "HOW" it exactly does that? So I am asking how it does that? Does it do it by simply saying that your PC might go bad? If that is the case then those type of issues could be a broad range of possible issues which the hard drive might reflect as something else.

Is this a worry me not doomsday warning software? Or does it actually fix issues with the software?

I like the idea of LOGGING which is the impression I am getting that this software does and warns you of POSSIBLE ISSUES. But it does boast fixing possible issues and I can find no documentation on it out there. So I am left to wonder what the value is, I mean, it says your hard drive might crash but then again I might trip down the stairs tomorrow and crash myself by accident.

What is the relevancy or purpose of using this software is what I am asking? Or that is : "Why do I want another SERVICE CLOGGING up my PC's usage when it can't do nothing about it either way?".

I am asking questions here and not ranting. I must say, earlier in this thread I liked the idea of this software, but I done some testing and had conflicting reports. It said an external hard drive of mine was about to crash, but the problem I have with that report is after I ran a complete scan with Windows and other tools it said it was fine. So I wonder why do I want this SERVICE for this software running in the background clogging up my PC's communications with relevant softwares I have running on my system already?

Reactions: given and L S

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.