Hard_Configurator - February 2019 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

WD and any other AV can sometimes detect such malware, and sometimes not. This sample was initially detected by 5 AVs (Avast, AVG, DrWeb, Eset, VB32). In other cases, it could be detected by Microsoft, Kaspersky, Avira, and BitDefender. Defender High settings can detect much more than WD on defaults.

One could strengthen the setup in many ways, but that would be unreasonable. Let's look at the below scenario:
  1. I have a very strong setup, which is also pretty much usable, but not so easy anyway.
  2. It can be even stronger by blocking many sponsors, adding the sandbox application or anti-ransomware protection, using Application Guard to block sponsors as administrator, blocking the Internet connection to vulnerable applications in the firewall, adding HIPS and Exploit Protection, etc.
  3. Wow, I have extremely strong protection.
  4. But, wait. Why my system is so unusable and I do not understand what disturbs the functionality of my applications?
  5. I give up. The default-deny protection sucks. I rather go back to AV only.
  6. Wow, I have so usable setup now. But, wait. Why it cannot detect everything on Malware Hub?
  7. I can make it stronger by adding .... (and so on).
I would rather recommend to think through this fact:
If default-deny protection is not simple, then it is unusable for most users, including the reader of this post.
:giggle:(y):emoji_pray:

Lol, well the sad part is that it's true :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.