Has anybody used SecureaShield? How is it? Any review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Can't access the page, and that says a lot.
Not even going to do my homework on this one, I think I will Pass ;)
SecureShield_Warning.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I admit I looked, but only because I was already in a VM. :-D Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. You aren't missing anything.
I have been around the block a few times, I know, I posted that for those that
may not know and will avoid it.
Glad you were smart about it, that's a good sign :)
and Welcome to MT

Reactions: LuciusHaydn

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm suprisingly very impressed so far. It appears to be using its own signatures, which of course for unknown antiviruses is usually a bad thing, leading to very poor detection rates and often serious issues with false positives. However, I did a scan of a flash drive with 667 installers (nearly 8GB in size) on it, including many PUPs, and it completed in just over 20 seconds. There were also some other files on there too as the flash drive as it also had the Windows 10 setup files on it. Not only was the scan incredibly fast, but it detected 82 files (a much better job than many well known antiviruses). A look at what was deteted, indicated that there was only a single false positive, and almost all of the threats were detected by name rather than the typical gereric trojan detections which PUPs are often detected as. So it is detecting the PUPs from sigantures not by heuristics.

Not only was the scan very fast, but CPU was low (around 25%) when scanning, and this and old laptop with just a Core 2 Duo CPU.

Of course being able to detect actual malware is much more important than detecting PUPs, so I'm going to scan some malware now.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I just did some very quick tests against actual malware. I tested a malware pack from today containing 15 threats and it detected nothing. Panda detected three threats. I also tested a malware pack from five days ago containing 20 threats and it detected 13. Panda detected 3 of the remaining 7 threats.

It appears that there is no way to whitelist any files/folders you don't want detected.

Edit: You can manually exclude files and folders. However, there is no option to ignore files when they are detected or when restoring them form quarantine.

In the scanning options there are different categories you can select to scan, such as antivirus, antimalware, antimalware and low risk programs. However at the moment it does now work, as I always got the scan results even when I unchecked some of the categories.

Last edited:

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
I just did some very quick tests against actual malware. I tested a malware pack from today containing 15 threats and it detected nothing. Panda detected three threats. I also tested a malware pack from five days ago containing 20 threats and it detected 13. Panda detected 3 of the remaining 7 threats.

It appears that there is no way to whitelist any files/folders you don't want detected.

Edit: You can manually exclude files and folders. However, there is no option to ignore files when they are detected or when restoring them form quarantine.

In the scanning options there are different categories you can select to scan, such as antivirus, antimalware, antimalware and low risk programs. However at the moment it does now work, as I always got the scan results even when I unchecked some of the categories.

Interesting, I didn't even bother to check or to test. Thanks :)
~15 euros / 1 PC / 1 year. I had to convert from rupee to euro, as they don't look like they sell to anybody else than India.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Nirmaljot singh baidwan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2017

What about realtime capability, heuristics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.