Slyguy

Level 39
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Trying out Panda this weekend (Paid, Protection Service, First Month Free)

All of the processes combined at 12Mb of ram.

The last time I tried it was several years ago, when did it go so light? Also the firewall seems pretty decent in some preliminary testing.

motox781

Level 7
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
I don't use Panda much. They seemed to get stuck on the Metro GUI which turned me off.

I've used it a little about 4 months ago. Performance seemed OK. I don't usually gauge an AV's performance by RAM usage, but CPU usage.

Slyguy

Level 39
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
I don't use Panda much. They seemed to get stuck on the Metro GUI which turned me off.

I've used it a little about 4 months ago. Performance seemed OK. I don't usually gauge an AV's performance by RAM usage, but CPU usage.
It's CPU use seems almost nil. But then again I have a Ryzen so not much impacts that CPU.

Atlas147

Level 29
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Depends on your computer I guess, it was horrible for me. Gave me blue screens every start up. And uninstalling was the worst, kept failing and leaving remnants even after using their uninstall tool which was so hard to find.

Would never go back to Panda again, but I'm glad that it's working out for you!

Slyguy

Level 39
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Depends on your computer I guess, it was horrible for me. Gave me blue screens every start up. And uninstalling was the worst, kept failing and leaving remnants even after using their uninstall tool which was so hard to find.

Would never go back to Panda again, but I'm glad that it's working out for you!
That sounds horrible. How long ago was that?

I will say - I've had similar issues with many AV's. For example Emsisoft failed to uninstall properly, I had to run their tool twice and fix some registry entries. Kaspersky did this to me several years ago. It's incredibly frustrating when it happens so you have my sympathies and absolutely I wouldn't touch it if it did this rubbish to my system/s.

Evjl's Rain

Level 39
Content Creator
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast
during the testing time, besides the slow upload speed, as soon as I executed a sample, panda locked my VM for 30 seconds (or 20, I forgot) for analysis (it means if I executed any file including safe programs, there was an error message) and then I could continue to execute the next sample. I think there was an option for it but this was default

horrible experience

if we don't encounter any infection, panda could be a good product but if we get something, it wouldn't. The behavior blocker is nowhere near average. Only the application control/anti-exe or adaptive defense are worth mentioned because they are good to prevent unknown threats according to their database

Last edited:

Antimalware18

Level 8
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
Had nothing but problems with it every time I tried it.

Slow/sluggish performance on many basic operations with it installed.

Popups for detections (Eicar) being about 30 seconds behind the actual removal of the test file.

Never had a BSOD though. Was sluggish enough that it felt like my machine was crawling.

Operating System
Windows 10
I puchased a license of Panda around 10 years ago and it was very very heavy and gave me BSOD many times. So I don't know when it became lighter but I won't use it again... at least in the near future.

BigWrench

Level 5
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
G Data
I puchased a license of Panda around 10 years ago and it was very very heavy and gave me BSOD many times. So I don't know when it became lighter but I won't use it again... at least in the near future.
Have used it extensively. no issues. Yes, 10 years ago it was very heavy. A new inception back then, called "cloud AV", which i guess made it sluggish, slow and heavy. have beta tested for the past 5-6 years, and gets better with every version. Although their pricing nowadays leaves me shaking my head.....o_O
Firewall has always been very good, in my opinion.;)

Slyguy

Level 39
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
Have used it extensively. no issues. Yes, 10 years ago it was very heavy. A new inception back then, called "cloud AV", which i guess made it sluggish, slow and heavy. have beta tested for the past 5-6 years, and gets better with every version. Although their pricing nowadays leaves me shaking my head.....o_O
Firewall has always been very good, in my opinion.;)
Yeah it was crap years ago. But in all fairness, Panda laps helped me isolate a piece of malware infecting hard drive firmware around 2008, before Snowden releases confirmed they were doing this. Panda's analysts said it appeared to be from the CIA and state sponsored. I sent them a stack of 7 HD's that each time I reformatted (after DBAN) and put them on my network everything became infected again. But otherwise, their product was pretty buggy back then when I tried it. They've improved..

Price wise, I don't mind $2.99 a month for unlimited devices.. All told we probably have somewhere around 16 devices in this home so that's not a bad deal in our case. For people with less devices it would be a ripoff.

However I do not think I will keep it around. I've noticed that on detection it sometimes never notifies and yes, the program becomes insanely sluggish on detection.. So much so you wonder how they released it in such a state.. Sad.

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 29
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
That sounds horrible. How long ago was that?

I will say - I've had similar issues with many AV's. For example Emsisoft failed to uninstall properly, I had to run their tool twice and fix some registry entries. Kaspersky did this to me several years ago. It's incredibly frustrating when it happens so you have my sympathies and absolutely I wouldn't touch it if it did this rubbish to my system/s.
It was probably a few years ago when I faced this! It was pretty bad, and support was only for the paying customers so they were no help at all!

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Windows Defender
I've used Panda way back before and the performance seems fine at all but of course products like Avast, Avira, ESET and few others managed to maintain the good footprint system impact.

Also considering that cloud is integrated hence it should optimize well on the other components of Panda.

amico81

Level 13
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
i have used PANDA IS for 6 months...it was light with my combo....ZAM realtime protection + pandora cloud.
No impact during boot or gaming....ok a little bit impact @ web browsing.
But the reputation from panda is...mmh difficult...in some labs tests, they make high scores....but here in the malware hub and some videos from cruelsister or other av-tester...panda have some problems....good signatures but bad behavior blocker

Slyguy

Level 39
Content Creator
Verified
Operating System
Other OS
i have used PANDA IS for 6 months...it was light with my combo....ZAM realtime protection + pandora cloud.
No impact during boot or gaming....ok a little bit impact @ web browsing.
But the reputation from panda is...mmh difficult...in some labs tests, they make high scores....but here in the malware hub and some videos from cruelsister or other av-tester...panda have some problems....good signatures but bad behavior blocker
I notice a very very tiny speed impact on browsing. I would say 0.25 at the most - and only on some pages. Otherwise no noted impact. I suspect when combined with VoodooShield the less than stellar BB probably wouldn't matter too much. I am testing Panda on a VM with VS right now. So far no conflicts.

pablozi

Level 22
Verified
Many years ago it has been one of the heaviest products I've ever tried (next to Kaspersky) but over the years they improved a lot.
And please don't forget that amount of used RAM isn't a determinant of light or heavy AV.

spaceoctopus

Level 13
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Malwarebytes
I used Panda IS a whole year, last year. It's a very good product. Especially in real-time protection. It's web protection is one of the best i've seen. You turn on Data shield and Application control, and you're good to go.:)
On the downside, its on-demand scanner is weak compared to other products. Anyway you don't do on-demand scanning every seconds.
But on an already infected Pc, you may have to use a more powerful scanner to help.
Otherwise i would recommend anyone to try or use the product.