Serious Discussion Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0 launches with file backups and other improvements

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0

Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0 is the latest version of the free backup solution for Windows, which I reviewed back in mid-2021 for the first time. Just like previous versions, Hasleo Backup Suite is compatible with all versions of Windows starting with Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
The initial version of Hasleo Backup Suite supported the backing up of partitions and the cloning of disks only. It lacked features that other backup applications, like Paragon's Backup & Recovery Free or Macrium Reflect, offer. Among the features were backup scheduling, the ability to restore files and folders from backup images, or storing backups on network shares.

All of these features were introduced in updates. The latest update, which raises the version to 3.0, adds the last missing puzzle piece: file backups. When you open the Backup page of the application after installation, you find File Backup listed next to the already existing system backup and disk/partition backup options. Selection of the feature allows users to backup folders or files. All important backup options, including support for encryption and compression, retention settings or splitting, are supported.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Some observations on Wilders:
At the moment it looks like the current status of Hasleo is being a bit restrictive, Macrium doesn't seem to be part of the issue. You just need to understand the restrictions currently available in Hasleo. If you image an entire disk, all should be well between the two applications. If you restore a Hasleo disk image that doesn't contain all that disk's partitions, the result will be a geometry change in that disk when the process is complete. If you just restore SINGLE partitions with Hasleo, it should also not affect your current disk geometry at all... you just can't do more than 1-partition at a time.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
Something has changed on my test system I had EaseUS Todo Backup Home which I removed then in updated Hasleo Backup Suite to 3.0.1 these are the only changes on my test system,
Now Hasleo dose a full back up in 3min and a restore in 3.5min. :cool: Hasleo has got faster.. disk size is 30.5 gb of data C drive..

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I am currently using O&O Diskiamge 17 and the iso of Acronis Home and Office Protect. I have experienced fatal issues in AOMEI Backupper Pro. I had created a full system backup (Kingston 240 GB) when I restored the system after I changed the SSD to a Samsung 480 GB, AOMEI repartitioned the new SSD and left 240GB unpartitioned. This never happened with either O&O nor Acronis.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have had this issue with AOMEI fixed it with Microsoft's Disk Management tool I also hade an unbootable pc's thanks to AOMEI twice on two different pc's fixed it wipe and reinstall, and now use Hasleo Backup Suite, no issues. AOMEI has been permanently retired on all my pc's.
I noticed another issue with AOMEI. Sometimes when I restore a system image, the Windows updates history is wiped. That only happened with AOMEI. I fixed that by using AOMEI backup service instead of Microsoft VSS.

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
I am not using AOMEI myself, but if you have any problem we can contact their support. Their support seem very competent.

In addition maybe also try MiniTool ShadowMaker. In general Minitool software are really stable. Our customers have really positive experiences with their partition Wizard.

Minitool is also offering licenses with Lifetime upgrades option.

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
As the number of updates increases, the jealousy of the paid version increases.
I plan to buy when the sale comes💰:)
In another thread about Hasleo Backup Suite, it seems Hasleo offers backup for free and is very fast as commented there. Comparing the features, do you think free Hasleo can replace the paid Macrium?

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

In another thread about Hasleo Backup Suite, it seems Hasleo offers backup for free and is very fast as commented there. Comparing the features, do you think free Hasleo can replace the paid Macrium?
Macrium might be expensive, but its reliability has been proven to be excellent over the years. Reliability is the number 1 thing you need from backup solution, not speed. Believe me, if you rely upon a backup solution to recover from disaster or ransomware, you will go ape crazy if the restore fails.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
A strong candidate. However, I am not yet ready to give up what I am accustomed to.;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.