Serious Discussion Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0 launches with file backups and other improvements

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Hasleo Backup Suite V3.5

I wonder the check/verify backups feature is there already?

Also, no cloud backup and no built-in ransomware protection

Good. I'm glad. This is an imaging utility not a suite. I understand your confusing, given its name, but we don't need another acronis-like monstrosity imaging program.

Is it scriptable yet?

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I wonder the check/verify backups feature is there already?
There is already yesterday I made a backup with Hasleo Backup Suite v3.4 and did the image verification, Hasleo Backup Suite works very well even more because it is a free product. ;)
1684563150559.png

1684563438622.png

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

EaseUS Free's new interface is unappealing to me, and it has failed me in the past. While Aomei Free was my initial plan, Hasleo Free appears to be full-featured, fast, reliable, and has a clean interface. Thanks to @Gandalf_The_Grey for sharing the Wilders Forum link—the information persuaded me to give it a shot. I plan on installing Hasleo soon.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I installed Hasleo with no issues. Creating the first image and boot menu was quick and easy. The incremental image speed was impressive. I tested three restores, including one after a Windows update, and they were all successful. I appreciate the simplicity of this software, and it seems reliable. Thanks to @BryanB for introducing me to Hasleo Backup Suite!

Last edited by a moderator:

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I have a question for those using Hasleo Backup Suite Free. Does the Bootable WinPE Media function from Hasleo allow me to use my Desktop drive for the WinPE Media? Meaning, that if I boot/reboot my Desktop, I first get a menu where I can choose to either start Windows 11 or Hasleo so that I would be able to use it for restoring my Drive(s)?

The Reason I ask is that I am currently using Aomei Backupper Pro, and it allows me to do that. And it is important for me to know, because in 2 months my License expires for Aomei, and although I have had no problems with it so far, I do not like that it is slow during backups. (At least it is for me.) If Hasleo allows me to do the same and is indeed faster than Aomei, then I do not have to renew my license. Otherwise, I need to know when to renew my Aomei License. :)

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I have a question for those using Hasleo Backup Suite Free. Does the Bootable WinPE Media function from Hasleo allow me to use my Desktop drive for the WinPE Media? Meaning, that if I boot/reboot my Desktop, I first get a menu where I can choose to either start Windows 11 or Hasleo so that I would be able to use it for restoring my Drive(s)?

The Reason I ask is that I am currently using Aomei Backupper Pro, and it allows me to do that. And it is important for me to know, because in 2 months my License expires for Aomei, and although I have had no problems with it so far, I do not like that it is slow during backups. (At least it is for me.) If Hasleo allows me to do the same and is indeed faster than Aomei, then I do not have to renew my license. Otherwise, I need to know when to renew my Aomei License. :)
Hasleo has an Add/Remove Boot Menu under Tools. I've been using Hasleo for a while. I also tried Aomei Pro, which often has giveaways. Hasleo is faster than Aomei, especially for incremental backups.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Hasleo still does not have a digital signature, which could result in issues in recovery due to UEFI/secureboot. Till they do, I will not even consider using it.
I have a new system that has Secure Boot. Bootable USBs may need Secure Boot disabled. I will share my experience after doing a few restores using the Hasleo Boot Menu.

Reactions: TairikuOkami

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I have a new system that has Secure Boot. Bootable USBs may need Secure Boot disabled. I will share my experience after doing a few restores using the Hasleo Boot Menu.

Bootable usb has worked fine for me with secure boot. But i have no mouse functionality in that booted menu so i have to use an external mouse. With Image For Windows that is no problem, so i do not know what is going on. But since the restores manages themselves once started, it is no problem.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Bootable usb has worked fine for me with secure boot. But i have no mouse functionality in that booted menu so i have to use an external mouse. With Image For Windows that is no problem, so i do not know what is going on. But since the restores manages themselves once started, it is no problem.
If you disable secure boot, can you use the mouse with a bootable USB?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.