Advice Request Have any one used Bitdefender anti-ransomware with bitdefender internet security 2015?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitan1990

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Hi,
Have any one of you used Bitdefender anti-Ransomware with Bitdefender Internet security 2015?? The anti-ransomware function is not include of 2015 products of Bitdefender and I have almost 1 year BIS 15 licence .

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
anti ransomware created between BIS 2015 and 2016. It's now incorporated with BIS 2016. If you use BIS 2015, maybe it doesn't include anti ransomware.
I have been using both of version (2015 and 2016) and I noticed additional feature (anti ransomware) in their last product.

Bitan1990

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Yes , It is not included in BIS 2015 and licence is not same for version 15 and 16. So I have installed Bitdefender Anti-ransomware separately on my Windows 10 machine for additional protection. BIS 15 is already running on the same machine. I hope they will not conflict with each other.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Yes , It is not included in BIS 2015 and licence is not same for version 15 and 16. So I have installed Bitdefender Anti-ransomware separately on my Windows 10 machine for additional protection. BIS 15 is already running on the same machine. I hope they will not conflict with each other.
You can legally convert a licence for BD 2015 to a 2016 licance using the Bitdefender central. I's always important to use the last version of the product. Take a look here How to upgrade for free from an older version to Bitdefender 2016

Last edited:
Reactions: Davidov

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Go to Bitdefender 2016 where the overall components already combined and it will help to enhance the protection of Anti-Ransomware, compare to the stand-alone that the behavior analysis may lack and intended to focus only those ransomware without knowing its possible bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.