Bitan1990

Hi,
Have any one of you used Bitdefender anti-Ransomware with Bitdefender Internet security 2015?? The anti-ransomware function is not include of 2015 products of Bitdefender and I have almost 1 year BIS 15 licence .

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
anti ransomware created between BIS 2015 and 2016. It's now incorporated with BIS 2016. If you use BIS 2015, maybe it doesn't include anti ransomware.
I have been using both of version (2015 and 2016) and I noticed additional feature (anti ransomware) in their last product.

Bitan1990

Yes , It is not included in BIS 2015 and licence is not same for version 15 and 16. So I have installed Bitdefender Anti-ransomware separately on my Windows 10 machine for additional protection. BIS 15 is already running on the same machine. I hope they will not conflict with each other.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 20
Verified
Trusted
Yes , It is not included in BIS 2015 and licence is not same for version 15 and 16. So I have installed Bitdefender Anti-ransomware separately on my Windows 10 machine for additional protection. BIS 15 is already running on the same machine. I hope they will not conflict with each other.
You can legally convert a licence for BD 2015 to a 2016 licance using the Bitdefender central. I's always important to use the last version of the product. Take a look here How to upgrade for free from an older version to Bitdefender 2016

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Trusted
Go to Bitdefender 2016 where the overall components already combined and it will help to enhance the protection of Anti-Ransomware, compare to the stand-alone that the behavior analysis may lack and intended to focus only those ransomware without knowing its possible bypass.