Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have licenses for both.
right now I am running bitdefender total security 2016. I am happy with it.
should I install webroot also, since I already have the licence, or is that just looking for a headache?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have licenses for both.
right now I am running bitdefender total security 2016. I am happy with it.
should I install webroot also, since I already have the licence, or is that just looking for a headache?
Webroot can run along any antivirus software, so I dont think it will cause any problem in it, indeed webroot stays light on your system theat is negligibly notified. If I were you I would be quiet with a single real time security software.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Webroot is also a decent solution but if you already have bitdefender there is no need to overlap security. One or another but two together will make wsa obsolete

Slerion

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
Hmm had alot of problems all the years i tried BD ( allways some BSODS or speed problems or worse.... )

with Webroot i had the problem of slow browsing.

else Webroot was great

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
every security software has certain problems at certain times, it's very fluid, the past is no proof for the present

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
BD never caused me bsod but wasnt light in terms of day to day operations for my need. Don't get me wrong but with an i7 even Kaspersky is light.
WSA never caused me browser slowdowns.

In the end any solution will have some impact one way or another in any type of system.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Aside from adding a second or so to the boot time, I haven't found BD 2016 to slow me down more than WD did. Some things seem to open even faster than with WD.
I am on windows 10.
But I don't do games, I am talking only about light windows apps.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
One thing Bitdefender is not good at is getting along with other av programs or antimalware programs.i was told once from Bitdefender support to get rid of all my antimalware programs ,i had 2 which were not running in realtime but would conflict with bitdefender, I never went back to BD after that.. just my 2 cents

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I like BD but like most antivirus they use too much system resources on my computer for whatever reason.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
One thing Bitdefender is not good at is getting along with other av programs or antimalware programs.i was told once from Bitdefender support to get rid of all my antimalware programs ,i had 2 which were not running in realtime but would conflict with bitdefender, I never went back to BD after that.. just my 2 cents
It depends. Sometimes you can combo. For instance, on windows 10, I was able to run BD TS 2016 + MBAE + SpS free, without conflicts. The trick is to uninstall MBAE, install BD, then reinstall MBAE. I am not using that configuration right now, but it worked for me well.
I gave up on BD in the end because I wanted to run HMP.A, and at that point, I did run into a minor browser conflict. Certain websites were hard to load -- for instance, MT.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Bitdefender is fine when comes on reliability of protection however inconsistent on other side of threat category but not majority. So if you think that Bitdefender lacls something then having Webroot is fine as long no issues raised.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.