Solved Have Lost Dozens Of Outlook Express E-mails. What Do I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I was having trouble yesterday opening Outlook Express on my old resource-challenged system. When I was opening HWiNFO32 at the same time as Outlook Express, I got OE opened, but HWiNFO32 froze, so badly that I had to reboot with the power button.

(So now I know I can't do anything simultaneous with opening Outlook Express on this system.:()

A number of the e-mails that are there now have this instead of the e-mail text:

Message has not been downloaded
Outlook Express has not yet downloaded this message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To download the message:

Click here [athcmd:download].
Press Space.

So far that has not worked for me, and I can't open those messages.

When I brought OE back up on the next session, dozens of other e-mails are missing, apparently e-mails that were being loaded at the time HWiNFO32 got hung. How do I get them back?

Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
32-bit
Service Pack 3

Dell DIMENSION DIM2400
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
2.05 GB of RAM
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV
Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
Hard Drive Size 114.4GB
Free Space was 35.8GB; now under 20GB because after backing up My Documents on Google Drive, Google Drive has duplicated the whole darn thing on my hard drive
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0G1548
Antivirus : Webroot Internet Security

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
All copies of your mails should be available on Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail server. Try logging in through your browser to see if your mails are there...

Reactions: conceptualclarity
Upvote 0

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thank you so much.

All copies of your mails should be available on Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail server. Try logging in through your browser to see if your mails are there...

I've never accessed my OE emails online before. I suppose that is done through Outlook.com (which I've never used before)?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.