Advice Request have problem with bitdefender??

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
hello guys,yesterday i install bitdefender total security 2016 for tested it and i have a problem...all the security product have their right click for scan virus..but my bitdefender does't have this function (see picture) how to fix it??

btss.png

it just have file shredder and bitdefender file vault but doesn't have virus scan..

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Sometimes the customer service of Bitdefender just suggests me to "Repair" Bitdefender to solve some issues. Although it is too simple, it can actually solve some problem.:D

To do this, you only need to choose the option "Repair" in the uninstall panel of Bitdefender. Following is the full procedure ever mentioned in the letter from the customer service:
1. Press at the same time the keys "Windows logo" (located between Ctrl and Alt keys) and "R".

This will bring up the Run box.

2. Type directly in the box "appwiz.cpl" and hit Enter.

3. Wait while the list is being populated, then search for 'Bitdefender Total Security 2016', right click on it and choose Uninstall.

4. A wizard will appear. Choose "Repair".

Wait for the process to complete and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Please note that I received this letter when I was still using v2015. The digit in red was "5" in the original email. I think the approach for v2016 will not be much different.

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.