Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
I get the impression they don't do much development on Firefox for Mobiles.
Maybe because the Firefox Klar (6.1.1) on Android doesn't have the Gecko engine the Firefox Focus (7.0.13) on Play Store has.
Can you elaborate further why?

Last edited:

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
I get the impression they don't do much development on Firefox for Mobiles.
Firefox Focus is now unavailable for my device on Play Store and Firefox Lite can't use password managers. Chrome-based ones can't use the autofill service.

Last edited:

9724anon7537

Level 2
Exodus Privacy

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Exodus Privacy

Looks like a way to scare Android users. Some worse than others, but even if they're completely legitimate or open-source, every app has trackers or a suspicious permission.

For instance, ScreenCam | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository (also available on Google Play Store) has results such as εxodus

Solar

I understand, the Androlizer project is abandoned? What a pity, this tool for years used to be a central tool for privacy monitoring on Android devices. Does anybody know how to contact developers? Maybe they sold the technology to other brand/owner or it became integrated into some third-party service or product? I would like to know the name of it in such the case, so I know which product to buy or subscribe for.

upnorth

Level 44
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Does anybody know how to contact developers?
Not updated since 2016, yeah abandonware and not recommended IMO but as it's still available on the Play Store, the developers email address is found there. Good luck! (y)

Solar

Not updated since 2016, yeah abandonware and not recommended IMO but as it's still available on the Play Store, the developers email address is found there. Good luck! (y)
The published emails, and also those from DAI never responded...

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Looks inconsistent. Had Rootless Launcher in the red before and Lawnchair in the green. Now they've reversed. Also Chrome's now taking impossibly long to scan when it was on the green then.