Have you uninstalled any/all preinstalled Win 10 apps that have uninstall feature?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I know there are steps to remove all Win 10 preinstalled apps.

I am talking of those preinstalled apps that have uninstall feature.

Mention preinstalled apps you have removed & why?
Mention preinstalled apps you haven't removed & why?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Uninstalled 3d builder and xbox because I think they are useless for me and I don't own an xbox!
Xbox app doesn't require owning an Xbox. If you have a MS account, you can use that to earn points from certain games linked to Xbox, optional of course. It also has a Game DVR to record games (Win Key + G) or applications, with a very basic video trim tool.

I haven't played with the 3D builder, but with the rise of 3D printers, it has some future potential.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Xbox app doesn't require owning an Xbox. If you have a MS account, you can use that to earn points from certain games linked to Xbox, optional of course. It also has a Game DVR to record games (Win Key + G) or applications, with a very basic video trim tool.

I haven't played with the 3D builder, but with the rise of 3D printers, it has some future potential.
Thanks @Huracan.:) I've been enjoying some of the Xbox games with my windows account on 8.1, and was just wondering about this which makes Windows 10 all the more attractive! I may just keep these apps, that is as soon as I have Windows 10!;):D

Reactions: Andytay70

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I have unistalled all of them, since I don't use them at all; then die.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I today noticed "optional features" in the start menu. It shows fonts I guess. Dont know new came with windows updates or was already there with Win10 install? It too has uninstall option. Can it be removed safely?

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can one reinstall the uninstalled apps individually?
Yes, I posted a link in the thread linked above, although I haven't personally tried it. You can also reinstall apps from the Windows Store. :)

Purchased apps have a 10 device limit, if I understood correctly.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog/delete-windows-10-apps/
The comments here are mixed. Some say it just removes the package & not cleans related files, etc..., Some say removes the apps for current users only, other probs, etc...

I think I will uninstall those apps only that have uninstall feature in the rightclick menu.

To reinstall the uninstalled apps I checked store & are available there. But couldn't find OneDrive in the store apps included in Win 10?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I didn't uninstall neither cause my storage space is too plenty. ;)

+ There are useful tools that you can use in future use + free.

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You didn't uninstall any or uninstall some?
What all you uninstalled?
And what all you kept that could be useful in future?

By the way you can reinstall apps from store though it requires signing in.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Ok...I have uninstalled all the apps that have uninstall feature & also checked with store that If I need any in future can be reinstalled through store. All the apps are available through store.

I cannot find OneDrive in store so didn't uninstall it. Currently I have no use of OneDrive & want to uninstall it but in the future may want to reinstall it. Why its not available through the inbuilt store in Win 10?

And I haven't uninstall "Optional Features" yet. I am confused as to uninstall or not coz it shows Eng, Hindi, Marathi language/fonts or something. I have Google Input Tools installed on the system for Hindi & Marathi. Dont know if optional features is needed for Google Input Tools or any other programs/apps or not?

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Nope because I don't remove windows 10 pre installed apps I use them I have ms account

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.