Have you upgraded your PC to the Windows 10 Creators Update yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Next week, Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update for just thirteen handsets, but the rollout has already begun for PCs. Last week, Microsoft began to push the latest version of its OS to PCs through Windows Update, but it's not making its way to all machines at the same time.

Microsoft said that "the first phase will target newer devices, especially those we tested together with our OEM hardware partners", before gradually expanding to more devices. Last year's Windows 10 Anniversary Update deployment took several months to complete, and the company has said the Creators Update will take a similar amount of time.

It's not yet clear exactly which PCs Microsoft is prioritizing with the first wave of its rollout, as there's no definitive list of those devices. But if the Creators Update isn't yet showing up for your PC in Windows Update, Microsoft has made it easy for you to jump the queue and upgrade to the latest version right now.

Source

Reactions: SHvFl

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
I've tried to update my desktop PC to the Creators Update and have not been able to. I've gotten three different error codes and so far have not found a way around the issue.
The first error code 0x80070005 seems to be referred to as Access denied.
The 2nd: 0x80070652 seems to indicate that it has already been installed .
The 3rd: 0xc8000442 I am unable to find any info on.
I keep trying to install creators update with no success.
I'm not sure what to try next.

Reactions: johnyjohn

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Yes, I have installed it. More slick UI and it has new "gaming" feature in Settings. But I do have problem when updating to creator update, comodo (my AV) block any text rendering. So I have to update comodo. Problem solved.

Reactions: lab34

inuyasha

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 9, 2017
I've tried to update my desktop PC to the Creators Update and have not been able to. I've gotten three different error codes and so far have not found a way around the issue.

have you tried a clean install?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good on the Windows 10 Creators update, it took for about 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish the installation. :)

I liked so far the version and Windows 10 is definitely optimized from newer systems thus patches/cumulative updates hence no issues.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
hello,
I've updated three machines. I had small strange behavior with the background color tied to logoff screen (on two machines).
It turned to grey instead of blue, and I had to chose blue, than red, than blue again, to make it blue. (it sounds psychedelic I know ;-) )

and with the icon spacing (too high above taskbar) but I solve that with the regedit on WindowMetrics.
and when you hit shift+right click, "open command prompt here" is replaced by "open powershell here", but a regedit did the trick too.

I don't regret the upgrade, so far so good.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Best bet is to backup your personal files, and do a Windows Reset whilst keeping personal files. You'll have a clean OS running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then using Windows Update or Assistant Tool, you can upgrade to Creators Update. No need to install your security or other software on Anniversary build.

Thirio

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
I manually upgraded and then reset Windows for a fresh install. The download took over an hour but installation was fast (ssd :D). Everything is smooth here, no issues. Just make sure to reinstall Windows afterwards, if you play games you might notice some hitches in performance which were not there prior to upgrading.

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
have you tried a clean install?

I have not tried a clean install. That was going to be my last thing to do.
I was able to finally get the Creators Update to install properly.
Disabling all my security software during the update kept failing, in the end what worked for me was to uninstall all my security software.
Then it went as smooth as silk.

Reactions: inuyasha

cookinpro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2013
Best bet is to backup your personal files, and do a Windows Reset whilst keeping personal files. You'll have a clean OS running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, then using Windows Update or Assistant Tool, you can upgrade to Creators Update. No need to install your security or other software on Anniversary build.

I always keep my personal files backed up.
During the Creators Update I had all my security software disabled. (Apparently, that was keeping my system from being able to update.)
As soon as I uninstalled my security software, and re-tried the Creators Update using Windows 10 Update Assistant it worked as smooth as silk.
Now I'm back to normal, my system is running smoothly and I'm happy with the results.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Upgraded via clean installation, everything works fine, some new apps (wallet, support,...).
I realized that my EAM license expires in a few days, so I think I will use WD and ZAL for a few months :)

Reactions: BugCode

TheJokerz

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
Yes to two pc. My gaming rig everything went smooth. My everyday use laptop, the only issue that I had was Chrome kept freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.