Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi, thanks for sharing
you know, you are kind of living on the dangerous side over there...
you have user account off, and smart screen off, and no real AV, just malwarebytes (which is not a real AV)
and you are browsing with firefox, which does not (yet) have built-in sandboxing protection
If you are serious about security, first step is turn on user account to at least the default level, and turn on smart screen.

Havoc88

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 29, 2016
Firefox have adblock and noscript, also checked option for warn me about dangerous sites. In 1 year i was infected by some program which i found out its false virus, and also from freemake video/downloader some adware. I dont download nothing ilegal, i had comodo which is pain in ass, also bitdefender 2015 which is even more pain because even with cloud backup turned off, after week i found out it uploaded like 4gb of my files -.-

atm im trying to find IS who can protect me angaist arp attacks (mitm), i know someone will say eset and comodo but i tried mitm with my android they both fail (eset less).

Reactions: DardiM

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
With UAC & Smartscreen disabled you have eliminated two important pieces of Windows 10 built in security.
Given that your only real time protection is Malwarebytes Antimalware,and it is not known whether you are using the free or premium,that doesn't qualify as real time protection.
Your PC is at risk as you really do not have any security other than Defender and Windows Firewall however without UAC & Smartscreen that is not what it should be.
What is worse is you have had malware problems within the last 3 months.

You need to enable UAC preferably to max setting.
You need to enable Smartcreen
What do you use for system back ups?

Please enable these and edit your thread.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Firefox have adblock and noscript, also checked option for warn me about dangerous sites. In 1 year i was infected by some program which i found out its false virus, and also from freemake video/downloader some adware. I dont download nothing ilegal, i had comodo which is pain in ass, also bitdefender 2015 which is even more pain because even with cloud backup turned off, after week i found out it uploaded like 4gb of my files -.-

atm im trying to find IS who can protect me angaist arp attacks (mitm), i know someone will say eset and comodo but i tried mitm with my android they both fail (eset less).
Hey, you obviously know what you are doing, and yes, comodo is pain, keep it off your system. and BD is not real popular on this site, either.
but you gotta turn UAC and smartscreen back on, and I am assuming that you have Windows Defender running in realtime, but you just forgot to mention it.
EDIT: FYI Windows Defender is a good AV. there are better ones, but it is still good. You can stay with it, if you like it.

the guys over here are very big on system image backups, like the kind that macrium reflect free version makes. It is so good and so easy and so free, you won't understand how you lived without it.

L

Lucent Warrior

I strongly suggest listening to the others above about enabling Smartscreen & UAC, and also windows defender if it is disabled.

Reactions: DardiM and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
atm im trying to find IS who can protect me angaist arp attacks (mitm),
that is an interesting question, I would suggest starting a separate thread focussing on the issue of ARP spoofing and how to protect against it. I am sure you will get some feedback.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I would highly recommend enabling Smartscreen and UAC as like the others said is a very important part of the built in security Windows 10 has. Perhaps install and AV like Avast or enable Windows Defender if you haven't yet. :)

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Thanks for sharing your security configuration. Your system is at risk, here are my suggestions to help fix that:
- Enable UAC and set it to at least Default.
- Enable SmartScreen.
- Enable Windows Defender or get another antivirus like Avast Free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.