Jun 3, 2018
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Comodo Firewall (Cruelsister)+Voodoshield free (autopilot)+Sandboxie Free (browser and tests). WD disabled via O&O shutup.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana free, Norton PE, Emsisoft EEK, Adwcleaner.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla firefox with HTTPS E., Decentraleyes, Lastpass, uBlock Origin (advanced mode, hard configuration). Edge (same extension minus https everywhere and Decentraleyes).
Maintenance tools
O&O shutup, Process Explorer, Autorun
File and Photo backup
Manual data backup in externel HD,
System recovery
Macrium reflect free

Hector1

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Removed Chrome for issue, added Opera and all is fine.

Reactions: caba

Hector1

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Update Windows 10 to Creators update and added Norton Power Eraser for on demand scan. Very happy with Edge now!

Hector1

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Strange 100% disk activity and 5 seconds freeze after Windows CU update, I clean install and issue is present, another clean install with all security software removed, but issue is present. Yesterday I try to manually update most driver and no more freeze, anyway my security setup is now different.
Removed: Avast, Comodo Firewall
Added: Voodoshield Free, Windows Defender, Sphinx W10 FC Free and Sandoboxie free.

Last edited:

Hector1

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Strange HD activity are not referred to my setup, return to my preferred config:
Added Comodo Firewall, Avast Free, SimpleDNScrypt
Removed: W10FC, VS, SBIE

Hector1

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Stop Antivirus xD
Added: Vodooshield Free, Opera Browser
Removed: Avast Free (useless with CF, i just added VS for funny and i see that CF si faster to block Eicar Test File, then CF is the first line and VS the last line of defence or viceversa), Edge (not removed really, but i see over 1G of Ram usage and this is a NO-NO ;), i try Opera and look very nice).

Just scan file or system with my battery of on demand scanning tool (never found a virus).

Last edited:

Hector1

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Windows Defender reborn after reboot :mad: But finally with the right tweak it sleep like a child :D
+ Windows Script Host disabled

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.