Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain Have you tried it? I am curious what will happen once @cruelsister gets her hands on it. ;)
I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will try
Same. Appcheck's currently the go-to I recommend to people if they want a dedicated anti-ransomware tool. It'd be nice to have two to recommend if this proves effective.
I agree. appcheck is the best free antiransomware tool so far
I will check this out later to see how "advanced" it is

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Their website did not mention of any protection against MBR and file recovery techniques

If no protection against MBR and no file recovery then you'll need another software to supplement it...or maybe not needed......if you use AppCheck Pro or Temasoft Ranstop. I feel more assured of the latter protection

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have just tried to ransomware 30 and 1 has proven to encrypt Cryptolocker.Tak that it is a very good result indeed.
I was expecting it will be some .... but really okay and utilization of CPU resources only 0.01.
How about MBR-type ransomware? Does it protects?

Thanks

Reactions: Der.Reisende

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Unfortunately, my protection MBRfilter so I could not try MBR defense.
A SD also has a protection MBR so unfortunately .-)
Thanks for the reply. You think you can just test the MBR aspect with a few ransomware and see whether it works i.e. remove the MBRFilter and SD temporarily? That will be useful

BTW, does it comes with file recovery feature?

Thanks again

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
[Quote = "harborfront, post: 612.758, člen: 55987"] Díky za odpověď. Myslíte si, že stačí otestovat aspekt MBR s několika ransomware a zjistit, zda to funguje tedy odstranit MBRFilter a SD dočasně? To bude užitečné

BTW, to přichází s funkcí obnovení souborů?

Ještě jednou díky [/ quote]
If you use vmware so you can determine the test I use only SD for quick tests.

Reactions: HarborFront

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have just tried to ransomware 30 and 1 has proven to encrypt Cryptolocker.Tak that it is a very good result indeed.
I was expecting it will be some .... but really okay and utilization of CPU resources only 0.01.
thank you for the quick test
I want to I know I'm testing a good app not a crap app that wastes my time :)

this app looks interesting, unlike gridinsoft and bitdefender antiransomware = useless

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
Thanks for the reply. You think you can just test the MBR aspect with a few ransomware and see whether it works i.e. remove the MBRFilter and SD temporarily? That will be useful

BTW, does it comes with file recovery feature?

Thanks again

I'm doing a MBR test with RansomOff right now. I'll report as soon as i am done.

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
My results:
3646f578b27f488a90330d2f0149728b.png

f8e1750b7e824c5ab656425959842070.png

26bde5a72c314741bc21b52b51e28c18.png

532ddfa4da734673853947ed41948af0.png

a30057e887a14e90b89d86c56861e5f5.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.