[Heilig Defense] RansomOff vs AppCheck AntiRansomware (Free)

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
Which of these programs offer greater security? I admit to RansomOff and what is your opinion?

Ps : i don't can find download link to latest AppCheck Free... anybody give me ?

Jogos

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 9, 2017
RansomOff destroyed my system yesterday, after rebooting; firefox, office and all other programs including NPE EEK stopped working including bitdefender free which could not be started :(

Nice to know that not only happened to me such an adventure, in me so just stopped running some programs and generally the entire cluster of misfortunes. In my case, the situation is tragic because I can not reinstall the system with personal files keeping, and I do not have nothing to copy them.

Reactions: shmu26 and CodaPG

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
RansomOff destroyed my system yesterday, after rebooting; firefox, office and all other programs including NPE EEK stopped working including bitdefender free which could not be started :(
After installing RansomOff, my AV was disabled.

AppCheck is a lot kinder to the system.

Reactions: CodaPG

HeiDef

From HeiDef
Verified
Developer
Mar 27, 2017
After installing RansomOff, my AV was disabled.

AppCheck is a lot kinder to the system.

Hi @shmu26. What AV are you using?

We've been working on ways to make RansomOff play nicer with AV. The most recent release (5.2017.116.6374) now automatically detects installed AV (if registered with Windows) and adds an exemption which should mitigate compatibility issues.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi @shmu26. What AV are you using?

We've been working on ways to make RansomOff play nicer with AV. The most recent release (5.2017.116.6374) now automatically detects installed AV (if registered with Windows) and adds an exemption which should mitigate compatibility issues.
I used Kaspersky Internet Security 2017, at the time I had this issue.
To tell you the truth, I was surprised how easy it is to neutralize Kaspersky.

HeiDef

From HeiDef
Verified
Developer
Mar 27, 2017
Can't install RansomOff on my system but no problem running AppCheck.

Hi @WinXPert

Are you not able to install the latest version? Looking back at some past messages, you had issues with a very early release ("Dll not found error"). If you are not able to install the latest, is there some message you are getting? Thanks.

Reactions: XhenEd

HeiDef

From HeiDef
Verified
Developer
Mar 27, 2017
I used Kaspersky Internet Security 2017, at the time I had this issue.
To tell you the truth, I was surprised how easy it is to neutralize Kaspersky.

In all fairness to Kaspersky, once code executes in the kernel space nothing is safe anymore. It's not that RansomOff was specifically targeting Kaspersky but anti-malware products behave a lot like malware and RansomOff was trying to enforce some commonly held assumptions about process interactions. That enforcement obviously doesn't sit well with Kaspersky (or probably most AVs). With the latest RansomOff release, we enhanced the exemption process so once an application is added there shouldn't be any issues even at start up.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.