On Sale! Heimdal PRO Anti-Malware: Lifetime Subscription

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
1526946749915.png

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

"Stares at Malwarebytes, Adguard, Zemana, Bitdefender, etc...... " lol :sneaky:

I still have and use my adguard lifetime, and that's about 6 years old. Malwarebytes lifetimes still work and are in use with friends/family, those are probably 10 years old. My encryption product is several years old and lifetime. Many other programs, including camera software, process lasso (for my server), and some other stuff.

I've actually had great luck with lifetime memberships!

Reactions: JB007 and Weebarra

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I still have and use my adguard lifetime, and that's about 6 years old. Malwarebytes lifetimes still work and are in use with friends/family, those are probably 10 years old. My encryption product is several years old and lifetime. Many other programs, including camera software, process lasso (for my server), and some other stuff.

I've actually had great luck with lifetime memberships!

I have 16 Lifetime licenses with Adguard, still active until now. Would say its one of the better product out there.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I like it for Android, but think it's useless for PC. Pi-Hole far surpasses it overall, but for on the move android hardware, none beats Adguard IMO. So my 9 lifetime licenses have seen tremendous use with mobiles.
Sorry. Can Pi-hole works on android? Does it requires a connection back to your router/PC at home for it to work?

If yes, then if your house suffers a power trip while you are not in then Pi-hole on your android handphone becomes useless, right?

tlacenka

Level 2
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
and i cannot login to stacksocial and buy it.. :(
i am trying to resolve it with their support team..but dunno if they can do something :)
time will show

Reactions: JB007

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Heimdal. Hmmmm.

No real test has ever been done on this product. A few youtube tests, some good, some bad.

It has several capabilities that are covered by other products...

Seems to me that those who purchase Heimdal Pro are just buying a concept... buying hope... as there is little in the way of solid information that the product is worth the system resources that it uses.

I could be totally wrong.... but I see Heimdal being like Winpatrol or SAS.... not really a serious security product.

Reactions: JB007 and RaduGL
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Heimdal. Hmmmm.

No real test has ever been done on this product. A few youtube tests, some good, some bad.

It has several capabilities that are covered by other products...

Seems to me that those who purchase Heimdal Pro are just buying a concept... buying hope... as there is little in the way of solid information that the product is worth the system resources that it uses.

I could be totally wrong.... but I see Heimdal being like Winpatrol or SAS.... not really a serious security product.
Have you read this? How does Heimdal work? – Heimdal Security

Everything is written in the FAQ – Heimdal Security

Most don't understand the use of it, it can't be tested just like regular AV's, because it will fail, you need different approach. Personally, I like Heimdal as a company and consider their support as one of the best among security products. At the earliest versions there was a time when you couldn't exclude blocked websites and had to submit possibly FP's via e-mail, they replied to me in minutes. Heimdal reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Have you read this? How does Heimdal work? – Heimdal Security

Everything is written in the FAQ – Heimdal Security

Most don't understand the use of it, it can't be tested just like regular AV's, because it will fail, you need different approach. Personally, I like Heimdal as a company and consider their support as one of the best among security products. At the earliest versions there was a time when you couldn't exclude blocked websites and had to submit possibly FP's via e-mail, they replied to me in minutes. Heimdal reply

Yeah, I read that stuff and a lot more. I get all that.

I went into it trying to find reasons to buy lifetime licenses for Heimdal. I like lifetime licenses.

Heimdal absolutely can be tested. It just has not been tested by a major testing organization -- yet.

Heimdal filters. I (and many here) already have lots of filters.

Heimdal controls outbound connections. I (and many here) already have outbound connections covered.

Heimdal updates software. Secunia PSI is now gone, but there are other apps that do this... and from what I read, apparently better. Patchmypc, SuMo...

Heimdal could be tested any time they want... They have been around for years now. So why have they not submitted to a test?

One would wonder..

You can watch it get bypassed here..

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Looks like an extra 15% off this weekend on everything too. I may have to look into this one... Seems interesting. The company has come a far way from their early days.

Anyone else here uses this product on their production machines?

Thanks,

Brian

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Please Do Not use Heimdal as the only security layer as that is Not it's purpose. The author/creator of that " bypass " video sorry to say don't understand how Heimdal work as feeding it with any ransomware/malware as in the video, is just plain wrong!

Connection is a Keyword.
STAGE 1
Heimdal blocks the top 4 ransomware infection sources:
  • Infected links received in emails;
  • High-risk email attachments which connect to malicious servers to install ransomware;
  • Infected web pages that deliver encrypting malware;
  • Malicious web applications that spread ransomware (which can appear deceivingly legitimate at first.)
STAGE 2
Heimdal detects if malware tries to use your browser or apps to connect to malicious web destinations. This connection is invisible, as it happens the background and is used to download malware on your computer. Heimdal blocks this dangerous connection that can compromise your data.

STAGE 3
Heimdal blocks exploit kits that use security holes in outdated software to infect your computer with ransomware. These kits connect to the servers controlled by cyber criminals to get their instructions. Heimdal blocks such connections to stop the data transfers and prevent the infections.In this stage, Heimdal also maintains your software up to date: this blocks 85% of web attacks that target your apps.
STAGE 4
Heimdal cuts off the connection to the malicious server when it tries to drop the ransomware encryption key on your computer. At the same time, Heimdal prevents your confidential data from being harvested and leaked to the malicious server. This entire process happens automatically each time a malware attack happens. All you have to do is install Heimdal and let it do what it knows best.

Anti Ransomware Protection - Heimdal Security

Scroll down and click " Start Here ".

More information found here : Why you should choose Heimdal Security - see it in action!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.