ticklemefeet

Level 22
Verified
When I go to their site and click on the free version, it also shows a trial for Thor Foresite trial and so I clicked on that and installed it. It is not Foresite cut a trial of Heimdal Pro. That is not nice.

Reactions: upnorth

Bill K

Level 3
When I go to their site and click on the free version, it also shows a trial for Thor Foresite trial and so I clicked on that and installed it. It is not Foresite cut a trial of Heimdal Pro. That is not nice.
If the trial version you downloaded is like the one I tried, if you enable the option to run the RC (release candidate) you should get the Thor version. Some have encountered issues running with the upgraded software, but according to @Slyguy if you have any problems you can uninstall the upgraded program and then access the latest RC build and install it directly here:
http://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net/setup/Heimdal-rc.msi

ticklemefeet

Level 22
Verified
If the trial version you downloaded is like the one I tried, if you enable the option to run the RC (release candidate) you should get the Thor version. Some have encountered issues running with the upgraded software, but according to @Slyguy if you have any problems you can uninstall the upgraded program and then access the latest RC build and install it directly here:
http://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net/setup/Heimdal-rc.msi
Thanks, Bill, I will try that.

Reactions: BryanB and Bill K

Hawaii007

Level 2
We are very excited to introduce our new security suite.

Heimdal PRO is now called Thor Foresight Home, featuring 3 key security layers that will shield your computer continuously:

• VectorN Detection – brings advanced, machine learning-powered detection of hidden malware
  • DarkLayer GUARD – adds unique traffic filtering to prevent and block malicious Internet traffic.
  • X-ploit Resilience – provides automated vulnerability management to eliminate security holes in third-party software.
Thor Foresight Home, our rebranded product, offers unique next-gen threat prevention for your computer and can be integrated seamlessly with your existing security solution to enhance online protection. Just as Heimdal PRO has evolved over the past years and secured your data, the new Thor Foresight Home will also continue to develop its protection capabilities and detect viruses and malware before they reach your computer.

Thor Foresight Home is a proactive, flexible and cost-effective security solution that is committed to secure your digital assets and enhance your endpoint protection.

Heimdal FREE is now called Thor FREE and will continue keeping all your applications up to date automatically to improve your online protection.

Heimdal CORP, our enterprise product, which proactively secures your company’s endpoints and servers, by preventing the unknown and catching the known, is now called Thor Enterprise.

It is a powerful and multi-layered security suite that will combat next-gen malware, ransomware and other enterprise threats that can compromise your endpoints.

To benefit from the all-in-one proactive security, you can choose our Thor Premiumproduct. This sleek package includes Thor Foresight (previously known as Heimdal), the next-gen threat prevention combined with our brand-new and incredibly powerful next-gen antivirus, Thor Vigilance, to offer threat prevention and powerful remediation.

Thor Vigilance, our upcoming Antivirus product, has a 100% malware detection score and the following remediation capabilities:

• Local signature and file-based scanning, that includes both scheduling or on-demand scans
  • Real-time scanning powered by Machine Learning Detection
  • Cloud-scanning for sandbox inspection to detect evolving threats and block them
  • Heuristic and behavior-based scanning to detect code changes and trigger alerts for potentially malicious activity, such as Zero-Day, Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), and ransomware attacks.
Thor Foresight and Thor Vigilance together excel at preventing the unknown and catching the known, so you can enjoy enhanced protection in one unique and complete Thor Premium package.

Through it, you benefit from a multi-layered security suite that brings next-gen threat prevention based on machine learning combined with a powerful antivirus with 100% detection rate. This way, you can actually protect your endpoints against ransomware, malware, and other online threats.

Our team is constantly working to improve Heimdal Security products and we know you will love our new line-up.

Hawaii007

Level 2
So You don't need an antivirus with the pro version?

Do you need a firewall or does it use Windows Firewall, Does it have a firewall module to help strengthen the Windows firewall?

If no to all the above, I guess someone could use this with Comodo IS or Comodo Firewall, and Kaspersky Free.

OR if the Hiemdal Pro, has an Anti-virus you could us it with Comodo Firewall ???
It has Avira antivirus so you can run it with Comodo Firewall 10 (CS) and everything is covered.

JB007

Level 17
Verified
Hi,
Yesterday I cannot wait more fore testing "Thor Home Premium", and the only way is to purchase it, so I got my discount.
But when I received the confirmation mail I was furious because it says that "Thor Home Premium" will be out only on 17th September !:devil:
I think that their discount mail is like phishing because it did not specify that ! It's at least misleading advertising:emoji_money_mouth:
So I decided to argue without delay the "30 days money back guarantee", hoping that Heimdal team will be more professional with this clause:unsure:
Thor5.PNG

Thor4.PNG

Thor3.PNG

Hawaii007

Level 2
Hi,
Yesterday I cannot wait more fore testing "Thor Home Premium", and the only way is to purchase it, so I got my discount.
But when I received the confirmation mail I was furious because it says that "Thor Home Premium" will be out only on 17th September !:devil:
I think that their discount mail is like phishing because it did not specify that ! It's at least misleading advertising:emoji_money_mouth:
So I decided to argue without delay the "30 days money back guarantee", hoping that Heimdal team will be more professional with this clause:unsure:
View attachment 196589
View attachment 196587
View attachment 196588
You can use the RC Thor Home Premium now, it works fine.

Reactions: BryanB

upnorth

Level 34
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Great suggestion and I agree but the question that pops up in my mind, is @JB007 gonna lose almost 1 month payment because of this lack of information that Heimdal clearly struggles with. I deeply hope that on the 17th September the RC finally goes over to a stable version and they also remake there site and update it with correct information. At the moment it's a sad mess and people gets unnecessarily confused.

Last edited:

JB007

Level 17
Verified
Great suggestion and I agree but the question that pops up in my mind, is @JB007 gonna lose almost 1 month payment because of this lack of information that Heimdal clearly struggles with. I deeply hope that on the 17th September the RC finally goes over to a stable version and they also remake there site and update it with correct information. At the moment it's a sad mess and people gets unnecessarily confused.
Yes @upnorth (y)
It is like you buy a new car but you can not use it on the highway because the tyres are not safe youhave to wait 1 month !:emoji_astonished:

Reactions: BryanB and upnorth