paulderdash

Level 4
Don't know if it's appropriate to post this sort of problem here, but here is my experience ...
I have recently upgraded two licenses to lifetime Heimdal PRO.

Machine 1: Taskbar icon went missing, but after repair install via Control Panel (CP), Heimdal PRO v 2.5.120 upgraded to Thor Home, now on v2.5.141, no other issues.

Machine 2: Noticed recently that it had changed to Heimdal FAMILY (!), still v2.5.120. But even more strangely it now shows under Win 10 Security Dashboard and CP>Security and Maintenance that Thor Vigilance is installed, but 'Off' (I have EAM). (I would add that yesterday, before messing about, reimaging, etc. it showed 'On' in the CP, along with EAM!).
Tried a repair install (as per machine 1) but it couldn't find installer.
Support told me to uninstall existing version and install Thor Home and reactivate license.
However, after uninstall / install it would not activate license, and the cause seems to be that Heimdal doesn't seem to uninstall properly in my case.
Heimdal/Thor makes some changes to network settings includiing setting the DNS to 127.7.7.11 (here). On uninstall I lose my network connection and am then also unable change DNS via DNSJumper utility, or to change Network>Change adapter settings>Network>Properties>Internet Protocol Version>Properties DNS server back to auto.
It keeps reverting back to 127.7.7.11. So connection is lost.
And Support also couldn't find me via TeamViewer either
I reimaged back to prior to uninstall and then Thor Home v2.5.141 surprisingly started wanting to install! But this led to the same issues.
Support suggested trying again using the Free option and installing license afterwards through Settings (which also wouldn't work because of post-uninstall lost connection, this requires an email address); also sent an uninstall.bat (which ran but didn't seem to work), and also suggested disabling all Heimdal services.
I have tried a few reimages but have had no success so far.
Eventually a reimage worked last night without the update becoming active (though it could come again at any time I suppose) so I am again on the Heimdal FAMILY client v2.5.120 (with Vigilance installed, not active), and I am typing from here now ... so I will try further today, but any suggestions are welcome.

Am I screwed? I don't really know how to proceed. It could be other security softs interfering but I don't think so - I have OSA etc. disabled. I would even uninstall completely on this machine if the DNS setting would just go back to auto (as I don't really need it). In the meantime, I have to leave it installed, else I will lose my connection.

Apologies for long noobish post, I hate 'network' stuff.

Edit:
Now I tried an over-the-top install (over v2.5.120 FAMILY) and install worked and license activated this time!
But client -Could not connect to the Heimdal service-
Services were installed, on automatic, but not running. Couldn't manually start them either, couldn't find path (?). Thor program files seem to be there in Program Files(x86).
But - again - the problem is that the uninstall (of the previous version) - kills my internet connection.
Network troubleshooter again says -The DNS server isn't responding-.

Last edited:

Music4Ever

Level 6
I had to use an uninstaller program before I could get it to install properly, seems OK but frankly these people haven't had their own web site running properly for the last few weeks, I haven't looked today but it was still messed up yesterday. From my experience you can't go from a RC2 to a final without annoying an awful lot of people? I imagine they will get it right but not today or tomorrow I think. :)

Reactions: AtlBo

dabluez98

Level 1
Hi guys my security suite updated a few days ago and I have the lifetime license but now I don't have access to Vigilance, I only have access to foresight so I contacted support and they said that the lifetime for Heimdal Pro is only for foresight - but I remember that the antivirus agent was a part of foresight and now that has moved to vigilance - I think this is unfair, anyone have a suggestion or had luck with this?

Reactions: XhenEd and AtlBo

dabluez98

Level 1
Hi guys, I'm happy to say that the company has finally sent me a shockingly Professional response here it is, right below:

Alexandru Panait (Heimdal Security)
Oct 4, 10:23 EEST
Hi,

If you go to the car dealer and purchase a 2018 model and have a 3-year warranty for that car and in the next year the 2019 model appears you do not expect them the replace it for free. :)

Have a great day. If you wish a refund for that key please contact the reseller.
Kind Regards,
Alexandru Panait
Heimdal Security A/S & Heimdal Security SRL
Heimdal Security - Proactive Cyber Security Software

Because purchasing a security software is a transaction is the exact same thing as all other transactions like cars. Wow. I am relieved.
It has not been three years since I purchased the software, it's been only a month even if you follow Heimdal's logic

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Business oriented companies who have a car dealership contract, can exchange to newer car models every year, only insurance increases, which shouldn't affect employee but up to a guys who run the company, if they can afford doing that every year, Heimdal gave a bad example, I guess they don't have any cars at all.. snap.

Reactions: dabluez98

paulderdash

Level 4
Don't know if it's appropriate to post this sort of problem here, but here is my experience ...
I have recently upgraded two licenses to lifetime Heimdal PRO.

Machine 1: Taskbar icon went missing, but after repair install via Control Panel (CP), Heimdal PRO v 2.5.120 upgraded to Thor Home, now on v2.5.141, no other issues.

Machine 2: Noticed recently that it had changed to Heimdal FAMILY (!), still v2.5.120. But even more strangely it now shows under Win 10 Security Dashboard and CP>Security and Maintenance that Thor Vigilance is installed, but 'Off' (I have EAM). (I would add that yesterday, before messing about, reimaging, etc. it showed 'On' in the CP, along with EAM!).
Tried a repair install (as per machine 1) but it couldn't find installer.
Support told me to uninstall existing version and install Thor Home and reactivate license.
However, after uninstall / install it would not activate license, and the cause seems to be that Heimdal doesn't seem to uninstall properly in my case.
Heimdal/Thor makes some changes to network settings includiing setting the DNS to 127.7.7.11 (here). On uninstall I lose my network connection and am then also unable change DNS via DNSJumper utility, or to change Network>Change adapter settings>Network>Properties>Internet Protocol Version>Properties DNS server back to auto.
It keeps reverting back to 127.7.7.11. So connection is lost.
And Support also couldn't find me via TeamViewer either
I reimaged back to prior to uninstall and then Thor Home v2.5.141 surprisingly started wanting to install! But this led to the same issues.
Support suggested trying again using the Free option and installing license afterwards through Settings (which also wouldn't work because of post-uninstall lost connection, this requires an email address); also sent an uninstall.bat (which ran but didn't seem to work), and also suggested disabling all Heimdal services.
I have tried a few reimages but have had no success so far.
Eventually a reimage worked last night without the update becoming active (though it could come again at any time I suppose) so I am again on the Heimdal FAMILY client v2.5.120 (with Vigilance installed, not active), and I am typing from here now ... so I will try further today, but any suggestions are welcome.

Am I screwed? I don't really know how to proceed. It could be other security softs interfering but I don't think so - I have OSA etc. disabled. I would even uninstall completely on this machine if the DNS setting would just go back to auto (as I don't really need it). In the meantime, I have to leave it installed, else I will lose my connection.

Apologies for long noobish post, I hate 'network' stuff.

Edit:
Now I tried an over-the-top install (over v2.5.120 FAMILY) and install worked and license activated this time!
But client -Could not connect to the Heimdal service-
Services were installed, on automatic, but not running. Couldn't manually start them either, couldn't find path (?). Thor program files seem to be there in Program Files(x86).
But - again - the problem is that the uninstall (of the previous version) - kills my internet connection.
Network troubleshooter again says -The DNS server isn't responding-.
Finally found my problem; turned out to be no fault of Heimdal / Thor.

I was using a service called NVT Registry Guard, in 'passive mode', which would then only report registry modifications.

I recently updated to v1.6, and I must have botched something, because it was blocking (some?) registry modifications - resulting in bad installs, inability to change DNS, etc. So, my bad.

Music4Ever

Level 6
Finally found my problem; turned out to be no fault of Heimdal / Thor. .
Honesty is something I admire.

BTW If as I have ended up with lots of mainly FP's in history & if it gets really, really annoying you can clear it my going into ProgramData/Heimdal Security & deleting all (or what you can) in that folder - From Heimdal support ~ No way from within the program it seems.

dinosaur07

Level 5
Verified
Hi guys, I'm happy to say that the company has finally sent me a shockingly Professional response here it is, right below:

Alexandru Panait (Heimdal Security)
Oct 4, 10:23 EEST
Hi,

If you go to the car dealer and purchase a 2018 model and have a 3-year warranty for that car and in the next year the 2019 model appears you do not expect them the replace it for free. :)

Have a great day. If you wish a refund for that key please contact the reseller.
Kind Regards,
Alexandru Panait
Heimdal Security - Proactive Cyber Security Software

Because purchasing a security software is a transaction is the exact same thing as all other transactions like cars. Wow. I am relieved.
It has not been three years since I purchased the software, it's been only a month even if you follow Heimdal's logic
Very unprofessional indeed. It is bad in the sense that this attitude is not towards clients but against them and the clients being the core of a business this means they rely not on the clients but on other things = avoid.

gb7943

Level 1
Very unprofessional indeed. It is bad in the sense that this attitude is not towards clients but against them and the clients being the core of a business this means they rely not on the clients but on other things = avoid.
Never bought Heimdal and i never will do.
Thanks for showing how "professional" they are

Azure Phoenix

Level 23
Content Creator
Verified
@dabluez98

I thought the product were changed into
Heimdal Pro = Heimdal Foresight

Heimdal Vigilant = Heimdal foresight + antivirus

If one paid for Heimdal pro then foresight should be free, right? But vigilant would cost more money?

Reactions: harlan4096

Xtwillight

Level 6
Tester
Hi guys my security suite updated a few days ago and I have the lifetime license but now I don't have access to Vigilance, I only have access to foresight so I contacted support and they said that the lifetime for Heimdal Pro is only for foresight - but I remember that the antivirus agent was a part of foresight and now that has moved to vigilance - I think this is unfair, anyone have a suggestion or had luck with this?
Hello dabluez98,
It happened to me too.

Heimdal PRO Lifetime that it is now called Thor Foresight. then I bought Vigilance to it.
And the livetime was gone there were only 365 days left to be displayed

The answer from support
Razvan Craznic (Heimdal Security) :

Hi,

The Heimdal PRO Lifetime subscription you have bought is Thor Foresight for 100 years.

Thor Premium Home includes both Thor Foresight(actual Heimdal PRO) + Thor Vigilance(our AV engine).

For both you have two different licence keys and these two cannot be merged.

You can either decide to use both the Lifetime subscription and Thor Premium or get a refund for Thor Premium and use only Thor Foresight.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Razvan Craznic

I canceled the purchase!

Reactions: JB007

Azure Phoenix

Level 23
Content Creator
Verified
@Xtwillight

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You had a lifetime for Heimdal Pro which I assume would imply a lifetime for Foresight. But then you bought a license for Vigilant. Was the license you bought for Vigilant also lifetime?

Personally, I don't feel the added antivirus is worth it.

Music4Ever

Level 6
Interesting posts: When we look at how AV's perform customer service is not something we always think about - I was thinking of 2 licences I had for Emsisoft, they meged the two quite happily & recieved a most pleasant email, it was a while ago but I still remember - And if any company feels they can treat a customer how they wish, the customer will remember, never a good idea I think.