Aktiffiso

Level 8
Verified
I have two cuestions Why when install heimdal the windows action center says i have 2 antivirus products Thor and windows defender? If i have heimdal pro i will benefit of this?

Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Some more information about Thor Vigilance.

(Heimdal Security)
Hi,

Unfortunately, at the moment I don't have many details or a timeframe when it will be deployed (Thor Vigilance). The antivirus will be using a third party antivirus engine and the definitions will be local as well as cloud-based. The definitions are coming from our servers and they are updated real-time from the engine supplier.

As is the recommendation with other antivirus software if you activate the Antivirus engine in Thor then you must uninstall all other antivirus software. If you are planning to use Thor Foresight that will be our current product then you can use another antivirus vendor with no issues.

TKronic

Level 1
How refreshing.. I'm kind of tired of everything using Bit Defender. Since Kaspersky is largely being phased out, most firms seem to be looking at ESET, Bit Defender and Avira for licensing.

Will Heimdal Pro transition to Thor with on-demand only or on-demand/Realtime options I wonder? I'm really starting to think my lifetime licenses are going to pay off handsomely.
Are you sure that the lifetime license of Heimdal will work for Thor? I just contacted support regarding this and they said NO. I recently purchased 3 years for 4 PCs and was wondering if they could grandfather me into the lifetime subscription since I paid more. That was a shot in the dark and I did not expect the answer to be yes (it was no). No big deal. I also inquired if lifetime purchasers would get Thor. I was told no, that heimdal and thor are separate programs. I was also told that my subscription of 3yr heimdal would not be upgraded to Thor either.

I want to believe that the person at heimdal security I have been communicating with does not know what they are talking about... I was about to go ahead and get the lifetime subscription. I will not be doing that if I can't get the latest Thor product, and honestly I am confused by this whole thing because their website says Thor is avalible to purchase but then it takes you to the Heimdal PRO page.

Anyone have any insight as to what may be happening here?

Edit:

Just heard back from support. My Heimdal PRO subscription and application should change over to Thor Foresight but NOT Thor Vigilance (anti-virus).

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and Azure

Slyguy

Level 42
Verified
Edit:

Just heard back from support. My Heimdal PRO subscription and application should change over to Thor Foresight but NOT Thor Vigilance (anti-virus).
I was told Heimdal Pro people would get all of Thor for free.

Emailing a couple dudes I talk to over there for clarification.

Last edited:

TKronic

Level 1
I was told Heimdal Pro people would get all of Thor for free.

Emailing a couple dudes I talk to over there for clarification.
Thanks for reaching out to your contacts. Please let me know. The rep. I was speaking with just told me that there most likely will be a way for Heimdal PRO users to upgrade to the full Thor package - but for a price. He said he will ask and get back to me tomorrow.

Reactions: AtlBo
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I was speaking with just told me that there most likely will be a way for Heimdal PRO users to upgrade to the full Thor package - but for a price.
Sounds like a BS to me, from Heimdal to charge from existing Pro license owners to be able to use Thor Vigilance antivirus component in Thor Foresight. Then in the first place 2.5.130RC build wouldn't have downloaded and prepared Avira engine files for the upcoming RC builds where Thor Vigilance will be available, because every existing Heimdal Pro user can hop on RC channel and it will be converted to Thor Home.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKronic

Level 1
Sounds like a BS to me, from Heimdal to charge from existing Pro license owners to be able to use Thor Vigilance antivirus component in Thor Foresight. Then in the first place 2.5.130RC build wouldn't have downloaded and prepared Avira engine files for the upcoming RC builds where Thor Vigilance will be available..
I agree. Perhaps the support rep. didn't get the memo.

Azure

Level 24
Verified
Content Creator
So,

Thor Foresight = Heimdal Pro

Thor Vigilance = Heimdal Pro + Avira engine.

Makes sense that Heimdal Pro users would need to pay to have access to Avira engine.

Reactions: AtlBo and BryanB

Slyguy

Level 42
Verified
I've got written confirmation from both my contacts at Heimdal.

All Pro users will get the full Thor suite, across the board. There will be no limitations on Thor for Heimdal Pro users. This is why the RC for Thor is basically 'preloading' all of the Thor Vigilance modules already and your licenses for lifetime work already. I've got this in writing from two people at Heimdal I trust.

PS: A birdy also told me Heimdal has experienced incredible, exponential growth.

Slyguy

Level 42
Verified
In what area specifically?
As a company, revenue, installed user base, sell through from discounts/giveways, etc. Heimdal is doing very well, well enough to acquire additional technology licenses, which most people will notice in how much improved the web detection is now and the impending enable of Avira within it. They also appear to be having some good success getting a footprint in the corporate market. They've opened a second office in another country as well.

Dave Russo

Level 8
Verified
Anyone know when the Thor Vigilance,it says coming soon,happens ,also is it Bitdefender or Avast renamed? Thanks, I hate there cartoon character just not my idea of looking professional. GL all

TKronic

Level 1
Update for anyone interested... heard back from the gentleman I have been working with at support. He said he checked in with the marketing team and they said, "Heimdal will be upgraded to Thor Foresight but not Vigilance. Vigilance will be sold separately and it will require a new purchase."

Reactions: AtlBo and BryanB
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

All Pro users will get the full Thor suite, across the board. There will be no limitations on Thor for Heimdal Pro users. This is why the RC for Thor is basically 'preloading' all of the Thor Vigilance modules already and your licenses for lifetime work already. I've got this in writing from two people at Heimdal I trust.
He said he checked in with the marketing team and they said, "Heimdal will be upgraded to Thor Foresight but not Vigilance. Vigilance will be sold separately and it will require a new purchase."
So different answers huh? I more believe that Thor Home users coming with an existing lic from Heimdal Pro will have no limitations, would explain more why it's preloading new Thor Vigilance modules in RC build, so within a next RC build Avira's engine should be ready. :emoji_ok_hand:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth

Mahesh Sudula

Level 16
Verified
Malware Tester
Any gentleman here please explain me how heimdal pro works:
Vector detection / Deep layer guard > How do they work?
Locky successfully did the job despite of Heimdal pro in that pc
Tried with Banking(EMOTETS) trojans ended with the same result"
Details successfully captured and Heimdal was dead..G data and Trend both confirmed that my browser was hijacked