Slyguy

Level 43
I like the cartoon guy. Geek Superhero was one of the best products of it's time and was fun and cartoony. I REALLY miss Geek Superhero, it was a bit like a cross between VS, sysHardener and OSArmor. Never once did any system I setup get an infection with Avira+Geek running. Good times.

screen.gif

Anyway, since I have it in writing that we'll all be grandfathered up to the full suite I will go to bat for all of us if that changes. But I doubt it will as the second person I had check with some higher ups at Heimdal and they came back with the same data.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Just give these developers my support with a lifetime license :)

I spent about 6-7 hours trying to understand why I couldn't activate, ended with conclusion a feature of my BIOS for Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 is conflicting with the activation of the program, don't ask me why, I don't know,

has a voice called like security guard, and it actively prevent the activation going on, seems I will have to consult the manual to see :eek:

As usual, these things are not documented :)

Last edited:

Slyguy

Level 43
Thor Vigilance will be out within two months according to Heimdal.
It should be very interesting when it arrives. We've already seen impressive levels of improvement in Heimdal detections of malicious traffic and URL's lately (with the RC), so there seems to be a lot going on under the hood. I wonder if they are perhaps licensing Avira's URL malware database as part of the deal? The timing would make sense.

Slyguy

Level 43
Examination of Heimdal RC directories seems to yield data to suggest Heimdal will offer both on-demand only and on-access real-time protection via Avira. If you do a deep dive into it you'll find the following seem to be part of Thor Vigilance coming.

It looks like it will integrate with Foresight to provide unprecedented threat awareness, and there appears to be some machine learning going into it.

thorv.png

I bought the lifetime license as well, let's see what happens next. Hope we get the full bundle when it's released!

It is great to see they are making progress. I had Heimdal PRO for the past year and wasn't into renewing it, because I didn't see it blocking anything at all, but it changed after updating to RC.
I'm only concerned because Thor Foresight keeps flagging ekrn.exe, which is related to my ESET av, as TTPC (Threat to process correlation).

tsunami

Level 3
I bought the lifetime license as well, let's see what happens next. Hope we get the full bundle when it's released!

It is great to see they are making progress. I had Heimdal PRO for the past year and wasn't into renewing it, because I didn't see it blocking anything at all, but it changed after updating to RC.
I'm only concerned because Thor Foresight keeps flagging ekrn.exe, which is related to my ESET av, as TTPC (Threat to process correlation).
Report it to SUPPORT@HEIMDALSECURITY.COM or submit a ticket Submit a request – Heimdal Security. Give a brief explanation that it might be a false positive and they will check it and respond accordingly.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
openload is too blocked, well, with reason I must say; they employ a huge ads mechanism with redirects and so on...

Is the first product I see blocking openload, make me think there is some human checking the bad sites :)

Anyway the unblock is pretty easy, Heimdal give really good instructions about wiping the browser cache, and then the site from whitelist is loaded

About lifetime, I get mine from stacksocial bro

A Must-Have Addition to Your Antivirus: Close Security Holes to Prevent Cyber Attacks!

P.S. I reported my problem with activation and BIOS feature to the Heimdal support, I am not sure if is a bad implementation from motherboard vendor or what, but as soon as I disabled Intel(R) Bios Guard Technology into my motherboard, activation went through.

Not sure if they will try to replicate with same motherboard, also, I have not idea how to log at BIOS level...

Last edited:

Bill K

Level 4
I was able to get the free 3 month trial of Heimdal PRO to check it out before purchasing a license and planned on running it alongside BD IS 2019 which I've been using without any issues for several weeks. Shortly after the install of H-PRO while loading a page in Chrome v68* I got a BSOD and had to do a forced power down in order to reboot. After the reboot H-PRO loaded successfully along with BD, but I then received a warning screen from H-PRO stating that it could not connect to their cloud servers in my region (US - midwest) and that if I wanted to avoid having it disable my internet connection entirely I should disable its traffic scanning function. So unfortunately that was it for me and I uninstalled H-PRO. :( I realize that I'm not the most patient person and didn't want to continue to make a lot of work for myself by trying to resolve these issues, so just decided to leave my existing security software which works fine in place. I also have a license for ESET IS so I may try that as an alternative to BD IS, the fun never ends...

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
I noticed there are issues with smartcards and logins on portal, I experienced the same with AdGuard, nothing that I cannot bypass, as I only need to access with smartcard on online services rarely...

Hawaii007

Level 2
I was able to get the free 3 month trial of Heimdal PRO to check it out before purchasing a license and planned on running it alongside BD IS 2019 which I've been using without any issues for several weeks. Shortly after the install of H-PRO while loading a page in Chrome v68* I got a BSOD and had to do a forced power down in order to reboot. After the reboot H-PRO loaded successfully along with BD, but I then received a warning screen from H-PRO stating that it could not connect to their cloud servers in my region (US - midwest) and that if I wanted to avoid having it disable my internet connection entirely I should disable its traffic scanning function. So unfortunately that was it for me and I uninstalled H-PRO. :( I realize that I'm not the most patient person and didn't want to continue to make a lot of work for myself by trying to resolve these issues, so just decided to leave my existing security software which works fine in place. I also have a license for ESET IS so I may try that as an alternative to BD IS, the fun never ends...
I believe everyone gets that message one time, it does not mean anything other than your internet will not get disabled if scanning function stops working.

Bill K

Level 4
I believe everyone gets that message one time, it does not mean anything other than your internet will not get disabled if scanning function stops working.
I greatly appreciate your input but that's not what the warning I received stated. If your understanding of the message is correct then they really should correct the wording since that's definitely not what was stated. Thanks again for your kind response!

Hawaii007

Level 2
Yes it was miss worded but I ignored it. This is what actually happens.

AUTOMATICALLY DISABLE TRAFFIC FILTERING - If Heimdal can’t connect to the cloud servers from your location, Traffic Filtering won’t work properly. This may disconnect your PC from the Internet. To avoid this, you can choose to automatically disable Traffic Filtering. Heimdal will re-enable the feature when it can reconnect to the cloud servers.

Bill K

Level 4
Since I had the BSOD issue shortly after install of H-PRO and I've already uninstalled it after seeing their unclear warning about my internet connection, I think I may wait until the new Thor version is released and retry their software then. Thanks to all for your input on my issues!

Slyguy

Level 43
After the reboot H-PRO loaded successfully along with BD, but I then received a warning screen from H-PRO stating that it could not connect to their cloud servers in my region (US - midwest) and that if I wanted to avoid having it disable my internet connection entirely I should disable its traffic scanning functio.
Uhh... Everyone gets that warning. It's a standard warning if there is ANY disruption in your internet connection, it recommends you toggle on 'Automatically disable traffic filtering'. All this does is toggle traffic filtering off if Heimdal loses connection with it's home but all of the other technologies will still work. EVERYONE has this pop up once after install.

You actually uninstalled because of that? Seriously? So if your lawnmower doesn't start on the first pull do you put it out in the trash too? :cautious: