Hello all......I am so glad to be here hoping to finally fix computer and learn tech info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amber0807

Thread author
Aug 2, 2017
What's wrong with my computer? I've been pulling my hair out over this computer since it was purchased it's probably already had 3-4 brand new hard drives put into it and still never once have I ever felt confident navigating around the settings or changing certain settings. As a matter of fact I paid extra when I got it b/c I told HH Gregg that I wanted to come and pick up my computer go back home turn it on and be set to go with all my things uploaded and setup and just running properly. I really wish I could find a good, descent, laptop computer that is fast efficient has a ton of memory and is most importantly user friendly. I've had my HP Envy dv7 Notebook PC forever and I have really been thinking of possibly switching to becoming a Mac user. Maybe it's User Error on my part by I've had another HP aside from this one and I must stress nothing but problems and issues from the gate. I;m looking to become way more self sufficient with this task and becoming more computer literate and more confident in my own abilities, to fix my computer issues. I know ultimately its time for a new computer, however do I buy an actual computer with a tower? Or is their a Laptop somewhere with a ton of memory or 1 TB free or something I've got 2 children under the age of 5 so pictures are my lifeline on my computer. I just hope I can get some help and move on.,.....

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
One metric ton worth of info in one single paragraph. Yes, you truly are female. :D

Sorry, could not resist. :p ;)

We're glad to have you and eager to help. As @frogboy already suggested, you are well advised to post a thread in the relevant forum since this section is for introductions mainly.

TL; DR: Welcome aboard! :)

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Amber0807!

W9t1XvA.gif

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Welcome to MT @Amber0807 , i can't help with your ideal laptop /pcspec but boy that's a lot of hard drives to go through. Have you ever considered an external HD to store your masses of photos ? It could free up a lot of space on your pc and in turn maybe speed things up for you. Anyway, have fun exploring the site.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Hello @Amber0807 . I became a HP laptop with 12. Never had software issuses but tons of hardware issuses! This laptop was getting so loud and hot. After a year the DVD-Drive was not working... That was my experience with laptops. Now I have a PC :) Muuuuuch better!

Maybe you should upload your photos to the cloud? Google Photos? Yeah I know NSA etc. but it would be safer for all your photos, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.