Hello and thank you so much for the kind welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamweaver1087

Thread author
Dec 18, 2017
Not sure what to do, I upgraded my windows 7 to the free windows 10 and I HATE IT!! My computer was so slow that I couldn't do anything on it and my little girl loves to play the sims but it was just impossible to play any games at all what soever and I ran Malwarebytes and Hitman and my computer was all messed up! so I decided to go back to windows 7 but I waited too long to reverse it so i ended up do a factory restore and lost everything! :( and now my virus protection program wont work with my windows 7 so I'm vulnerable to viruses, malware, spyware, hackers and Avast Free Antivirus said my device is not configured correctly and is vulnerable to "WannaCry/DoublePulsar" attack!! And I sure cant afford to pay for another virus program. I have been up for 47 hours now trying to fix my baby I'm so heartbroken at this moment and I'm just so lost. does anyone have any suggestions? I have also attached the HitmanPro log if anyone can make any sense of it

Attachments

• HitmanPro_20171219_0621.log
    23.9 KB · Views: 507

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Welcome to MT @Dreamweaver1087, i sure hope you can get your pc sorted out, especially when you have a probably irate little girl around wanting to play games :)

I don't know anything about viruses etc to help you but you say that Avast said you are vulnerable (not infected as such) and it's your pc that's not configured correctly, unless i have read your post wrong (plus i don't understand the log you shared) Are you absolutely sure you need malware removal help ? (i don't mean to sound condescending BTW) anyways, the guys above have given you some advice on which steps to take next and once you are all sorted, you can download a free trial of anti virus software from most of the popular vendors which usually last 1 month but if you have kept a note of your license key from the one you had, you should be able to install it again. Sorry i can't help you any more with your problem, good luck (y)

P

plat1098

Hi @Dreamweaver1087 :) A bit late but that HitmanPro report showed a lot of tracking cookies, which technically aren't malicious but can impact your online privacy. If you want, you can tell your browsers Chrome and Edge if ever on W10/Internet Explorer to block them under Advanced settings. An ad-blocker like uBlock Origin will help with that. Also, you can open a PC configuration thread for setup assistance, hardening your OS and definitely get your antivirus security set up and working properly. There are some great experts here. (y)

Reactions: bribon77
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.