Hello And Welcome (at least I hope I am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m ___ and from
Europe
Age group
21 - 30
Last known PC infection
In the past 5 years
Fav. Web Browser
Fav. Mobile OS
Android
Fav. Desktop OS
Mac
Fav. Antivirus
Any lightweight one
Fav. Videogame
Crash Bandicoot (Ah, such memories, and fantastic technical achievement)

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Hello everyone,

Trying not to be generic in my introduction but don't hold your breath, these white boxes have a habit of making me appear either boring or scary, if either of those applies to you right now, go have some water and try to calm down, I like to think I'm not boring and so long as the clown mask stays locked in the drawer, I'm not that scary either ;)

Anyway down to business, I'm fairly knowledgeable about malware and such, used to write viruses and other rather nasty programs a long time ago but I spend my time these days helping people with their infections, and also collecting malware. Btw, anybody round here collect malware? I couldn't find any tools I liked enough to manage my collection so putting together my own, if anybody's curious, let me know and I'll link you to it in a week when I've finished it.

So with the above in mind as a former 'black hat' (and I hate that term), I don't expect the warmest of welcomes, but perhaps with time and a few disinfected computers under my belt, I can earn one and make some friends along the way ;)

Cowpipe

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Welcome :) I'm also new here :D

Good to meet you user :) How are you finding it here, anything I should know? Eg: the gorilla is our mascot and he might be purple with a big grin and promise to be your buddy but for goodness sake don't click him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.