Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
When you say work experience, do you mean in that specific field, or any field in general. I don’t know how I’m supposed to get experience if it’s my first job in the field.
I believe it has to be in specific fields like networking field and information security field.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
What steps should I take to get into Cybersecurity and also learning how to analyze malware?
1. learn C++

2. learn assembler

3. learn WinAPI, you can write some primitive driver, simple firewall, etc.

4. Play with a debugger, for example, x64dbg

5. Try to perform some attacks like buffer overflow bypassing various defence mechanisms using debugger (generating binary code for the attack is convenient in python by my experience).

6. Learn the TCP/IP network stack. Learn to use Wireshark.

7. Write your own keylogger, your own encryptor, your own spy - trick antivirus into not detecting it

Serve in the army (it often helps :))
Find a startup in the security industry. Strong C++ and assembler skills are Key.

In general, in Israel, for example, there are plenty of cybersecurity startups that require good C++ development skills or machine learning skills, but do not require experience in cybersecurity, and they often hire students. In general, it is always possible to enter in the industry, if you have such a desire. But it all depends on your country. Some countries have more opportunities, some less.

I'm writing this as I went to an open house at a couple of cybersecurity startups last year :) But I'm not really much interested in it, so this is amateur advice.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Technology is definitely a solid choice for the future. Youngsters such as yourself already demonstrate natural abilities at tech that supersedes many adults, take that and utilize the advice given in this thread, coupled with high demand for professionals to fill slots and you should be able to succeed. Do understand it is a taxing job, and having the desire to do it is paramount as suggested in other replies here.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Whats CV?
Curriculum Vitae - It's Latin for your life story, particularly as it relates to your education, work experience and future aspirations.

Always, always have an up-to-date copy close at hand to take advantage of opportunities as they pop up. Shows you're keen and serious.

Tons of CV apps, templates and video tutorials out there.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

5). If for whatever reason a university is a no-go for you, then please consider the Military. They have the best toys and will train you, and is also a fantastic place to Network

Bon Courage!
This is confusing. I had Debbie Harry associations with Cruel Sister hacking her way through ill lit clubs with smokey atmosphere and life being compressed in a cheerful evening out. Now I see images of GI cruel sister running and jumping over the obstacle assault course in a super healthy and disciplined environment. I am lost o_O

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

This is confusing. I had Debbie Harry associations with Cruel Sister hacking her way through ill lit clubs with smokey atmosphere and life being compressed in a cheerful evening out. Now I see images of GI cruel sister running and jumping over the obstacle assault course in a super healthy and disciplined environment. I am lost o_O
Shes not wrong in her suggestion and statement, they do have the best toys, and establishing a base line career in there will take one far out here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.