Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

x20man

Oct 20, 2015
I wanted to get rid of redirection problem. I am very tired of seeing unwanted web sites and I tried so many things but it would not go away. So, I need some help on that. The instruction posted here tells me to upload the files but I don't see the UPLOAD button anywhere to begin with.

Reactions: Logethica and Ink

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

x20man

Oct 20, 2015
I used to be a Tester at Redmond, the main campus about 15 years ago as a contractor but now I am just a hobbyist on computers in general. I am interested on making my own web pages with Java Scripts. I know a little bit on MySQL too.

aseu2k15

Level 1
Verified
Nov 26, 2015
First I know and operating a computer was at Elemtary School on 1999 (7 ys old), I dont really know the specification of the machine but I guess it was an old pentium 1 with 64mb (or 128mb) RAM.
I become interested when I knew that I can play many video games like SEGA on it :D Since that, I learning by myself "other side" of a Computer. The more I found something new, the more I loved it.
At middle school I joined IT community and Senior High School I go majoring Computer and Networking. At high school I learning about hardware, software, networking, internet stuff (web dev.) etc.
When I graduated, I work at a webhosting and web design services company for 2 years.
After I leave my job, I go for my collage majoring economics :D
Even currently I am at Economics collage, but my basic skill is on IT/Tech. I am an IT man with economics minded *eh...haha

That way I love IT/Tech.

I am sorry for my english and long (bored) story :D

shabaaz

Dec 21, 2015
HI everyone ,How are you all ? hope everything fine today.Myself shabaaz basically a Software engineer at an MNC past 5 years and soon gonna be a team lead.
I came to this form for many giveaways that this forum gives to all and just wanna be a part of it too.So i did joined the community.

jack_alexander

Jan 13, 2016
I'm a 66 year old former computer assembler/inspector. I swore off of computers when all of my jobs were sent to slaves in other countries. In 1999 I sat down in front of Windows 98. I only had to ask one question and I was off and running. My computers are keeping me alive and alert since I am disabled and have nothing else to do other than watch (gag) T.V.

I probably use too much anti-malware programs, but I rarely get any unwanted files.

Sman

Level 1
Jan 28, 2016
I grew up in an IBM town. Half my family were either teachers or worked for the various IBM campuses in the area. Whenever my mom realized that she would be alone in taking care of me over the summer months due to my father teaching summer school (she was a teacher as well), I was shipped off to various camps. Many of them were computer/technology related. I still have vivid memories have turning Janet Jackson's Escapade into theme music for a game built in BASIC. :)

Amusingly, I was dead-set on becoming an architect. I must have had engineering on the brain though because I selected a top architecture AND engineering school to have all of my bases covered. One evening in the dorms my sophomore year, while helping a neighbor with his CS/CpE homework (and I was writing a script to break through the wait queue of the digital Rolm phones that existed during this time), the guy told me - "dude, you are in the wrong major". Next thing I knew, I was filing the paperwork necessary to transfer majors into Computer Engineering with a concentration on hardware (processor/chipset design, boards, etc). Worked for Intel and a few hardware manufactures during internships and first job out of college was for a company that designed and built carrier class telecommunication equipment.

Eventually, hardware drove me nuts (KVL, KCL, VHDL, etc), so I started to take on embedded development work. Eventually created one of the early primitive web based configuration interfaces on carrier class equipment (and it wasn't a java applet like Cisco eventually released). Had to figure out how to development an embedded http server, etc. Really got me into software.

I've bounced around a lot over the years, spending most of my time in defense/commercial aerospace and infosec/data analysis/crypto, etc, and then eventually worked for a defense contractor with various agencies. Moved on to e-Discovery software and am now a Sr. Manager for several development teams in the hospitality industry.

Why did I do all of this and continue to do so? Always learning new things even after being in the business for many years. Always changes. Software development/IT touches almost everything now a days... the sky is the limit. Plus, I love to solve problems and attempting to make life easier on users/stakeholders.

As for malware/etc... given my history in security and some days as a black, grey, and finally white hat... it has always been interesting to me. Plus, it is an area I don't have a lot of depth of knowledge. Learn something new every time I check out these forums.

Wow.. that was long. Apologies. :)

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Hi everyone. I'm not really interested in IT. i see computers as a means to an end and a necessary evil. I hate how problematic and inconsistent they are, and how much routine maintenance they require just to keep them running - thankfully my car brakes aren't as unreliable.

I was last infected about 5 years ago when my security setup was MSE AV and the basic Vista firewall. After getting the mess cleaned up I switched to Avast free AV and Comodo firewall. Now using Panda free AV, the best ever for me.

I loved the protection Comodo firewall gave but, despite following Chiron's guide to the letter, each attempted clean install of a new version was a nightmare until eventually I could not install v8 (security agent would not start). I guess the only way I'm ever going to get Comodo to install again is by doing a clean install of my OS (Windows 7). Currently using Zone Alarm free firewall but nowhere near as good as Comodo.

So if anyone is aware of a free firewall with good HIPS please let me know

PS - I tried Private Firewall but didn't like it.

Last edited:

melen1717

Level 1
Verified
Feb 12, 2016
Hello MalwareTips friends.....

This is my first time here and I know that I will be learning a lot with you guys. A little bit about myself... I am 65 years old and partially retired. I have a bachelors degree in economics and worked with the Cultural, Artistic & Tourism department in my home town. I live in Puerto Rico in a small town on the east coast, Humacao, about 1 miles from the beach.

I really like new technology and, even though I'm not that computer savvy, about average, I try to keep ahead. Hope hearing from you guys soon

George

Just in case... English is my second language so if anything I've stated sounds funny please bear with me. Thank God for "spell-check"...HA

oldmicroscopist39

Apr 3, 2016
Hi,
I manage an electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction core lab at a mid-size university in PA, USA. I got into rebuilding a web site for our lab and have been composing(?) on my Win-7-Pro at work and my Win 10-Toshiba Qosmio at home. I suddenly found myself with an invasion-by-yahoo. So I found a solution for Win-7, but I need the same for my Win 10. On the other hand, I could back up with no sorrow to my Win 7.

As to my future, I am studying Richard Feynman right now. I have been studying the first chapter of Ruby for 3 years, and the only coding I have done 'natively' is the repair of a Basic program for running an instrument in a lab I managed years ago.

I am 76 and still full-time, though my structural posterior is complaining more and more about my daily bread activity.

Perhaps, I shall last a couple more. Semper Fi to all,

Fred (oldmicroscopist39)

Reactions: Logethica

sisquared79

Apr 7, 2016
Hi, I am sisquared79. Recently I just started to analyze malware binaries. I like to use sandbox technologies for dynamic analysis and IDA pro to reveal malicious code in detail. Also, I have knowledge about machine learning techniques to detect malicious activities. Let's analyze malware together to beat down bad actors!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.