Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

Niente

Level 2
Verified
Jul 24, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm here just for pleasure to learn, here it's easy learning useful things for day by day.

I found here a place to enjoy and share knowledge with marvelous people. :)

In fact, this is one of the best forums i've ever met, and i've known many.

Congratulations and please carry on!

Last edited:

syntaxerror

Aug 1, 2016
. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?
- I am interested in all of these including malwares because i am handling anti-malware software which can detect malwares. i want to know more about malwares. How they behave. The new malwares and the powerful one, the ransomware.

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?
- I am a technical engineer in one of company here in our country, I'm handling anti-malware software. I started last six months ago and this is my first job.

seanss

Level 1
Verified
Aug 8, 2016
Hello! I'm really into technology, but specifically computers and networks. They're fascinating, huge displays of engineering which somehow work tirelessly every day. I honestly can't remember when I first started to get into technology, but I know it started when I was young. And those two things go hand-in-hand with security. I just love knowing that I'm secure, that I'm defending myself against all the hackers and viruses of the world.
As far as a career goes, I'm not sure. I'm currently a student, but have a long way to go before I can pursue something like a degree in technology (not in college yet). But I love technology and hope to have a career in the field!

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
As a matter of fact, my pc was infected or so I thought, later I concluded that Vista is the problem along with loads and loads of bloats in Vaio.
Then after 2 years, I came across MDW & MT, now I'm watching what malwares do to the system and preventing it from the first place. Thanks and kudos to all members @MT.
Currently I'm a student pursuing my Master's in Computer Science.

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Hi, I dunno but I am just really interested in any malware protection and of course I wanna get best protection for my IT stuffs and here I'm learning

I am an Engineer but not Software Engineer. I am working at EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) company, and I work there as Piping Engineer, it's a branch of Mechanical Static Engineering

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi everyone
I got my first desktop ~16 years ago when it was running windows 98 & 95. I was playing with it several hours a day, then I felt it interesting
my family never buy top notch desktops and laptops, we just buy when we think it's enough for our needs. I am always searching the internet for tweaks, the ways how to make my devices running at their best performance possible even with android and ios. I kinda succeed as my devices usually run faster and consume less battery than my friends' devices with similar specifications :) . This makes me happy and a bit proud :)
I'm also interested in antivirus programs as I was testing almost all best AVs in the past but now I feel it unnecessary as reviewers did that for me :) I just test their resource impact in my machine :) . Performance is the number 1 criteria for me when I discuss about AVs. If protection is good that it can compensate their performance impact, I may consider them

I'm an overseas student who is studying in Hungary in General Medicine. I will comeback to my country when I graduate as a medical doctor
IT is quite interesting for me but I don't wanna be an IT as I think in my country, it isn't worth it

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I'm a sheep. I eat grass for a living!

Worked in IT about 25 years ago, back in the days of 640 meg HDs, floppy disks, back up tapes, 286 and 386 processors, batch codes, MS-DOS, Windows 3, etc!! How far it's all come since then:eek:

Jack of all trades, master of none! Most recently worked as labourer on building sites... yep, a sheep mixing, carrying, etc!!:p:p:p

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Bat-penguin in real life, but when I have time, programmer analyst.

I'm interested in IT / Malware / Virus / female penguins / Software Protection / Nutella / Programming / analysis /etc...

ALL FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY

=> I must protect my Bat tools.

I want to break free...

Last edited:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Bat-penguin in real life, but when I have time, programmer analyst.

I'm interested in IT / Malware / Virus / female penguins / Software Protection / Nutella / Programming / analysis /etc...

ALL FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY

=> I must protect my Bat tools.

I want to break free...

You forgot the Bat-Penguin spotlight thing:p

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I had to stop laughing long enough to type, cant figure out whos worse Bat penguin or the damn plugin sheep ;)
Anyway, I am a private contractor for BNSF, I am on call 24/7 and because of this I keep some very odd hours.
I found this place and was addicted almost immediately. I have always been a PC tinkerer weather it be the
building of a Custom PC (hardware) or what goes inside (software) In my free time I enjoy gaming
(FPS= First Person Shooters) & (MMO=Massive Multiplayer Online)
I am a people person so most of my games have a Co-Op element.
I have come to love this site and have claimed a few of its members as friends, I have learned enough here to know
that MT is a "one of a kind" and Jack is a very special and kind individual, and his staff are second to none.
The knowledge contained within these pages is priceless and the people that call it home even more so.
Sincerely, Lawrence aka CyberGhosT

patrickarca

Aug 31, 2016
Hi. Im Patrick.
I work as a trainer for a BPO company. I train people to be an effective tech support for one of the largest security software based in the US. We handle everything from product support and of course, virus removal in case the product fails to "stop" malwares to get in.
So, as a trainer that needs to train people to be an expert on virus removal, i appreciate all the help and knowledge I could get in here. :)

I badly need virus samples-the site has changed ever since i last visited it. Now i need 99 more post for me to get me some viruses!

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Well..... bought my first own comp -96, didn´t know a thing and was scared shitless about it getting infected. Then i got myself a modem K56 dial up modem and got so paranoid about viruses that i actually unplugged it for 2 months!
Eventually i realized that knowledge is the only way to beat fear and since then i´ve been following whats happening in malware evolution and how to stay "more safe".
Nowadays i just try to maintain a usable level of layerad protection and help friends and families to get some aswell. Occationally i build/upgrade a computer.

In my sparetime i play a bit of WOT, curse at my cat, spend time with family and hunts the web for whatever interesting i can find.

I work as an registered nurse in ER. So IT-Security and malware are more of a hobby.

BTW! If any admin sees this i need more boxes to put images in my sig!! :p

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I am a early pensioner(mental illness)i found the site while browsing,it has realy been a wake up call for me(computer wise).It is my third laptop acer all of them,the two first i broke,it goes better with this one,i am learning but slowly.
Thank you Everyone:)

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hi all!

I'm not entirely sure why I'm interested in computer technology, particularly about computer security. :D It's probably because of my fascination of how different security software detect and prevent malware, that is, how they implement technologies to defeat malware.

I have a bachelor's degree in philosophy. And I'm currently attending a master's in philosophy. See, my line of specialization is different. :p

But of course, a point of contact can be made, particularly with computer/online ethics, metaphysics, epistemology, and other areas. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.