Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

RedTeam

Level 1
Verified
Oct 28, 2016
Great thread!

I've always been good with computers. Been online since 1996. I grew up with the early internet. It's been my loyal home.

I really love computer security. I live and breath it. The more I learn about exploits and malware the less I know.

In the past I've worked for a major bank in my country as a security/risk analyst.

I also worked for the local national ISP doing front line incident response.

The hardest job I ever had was working for a German government contractor. We had to deploy air-gaped Windows XP boxes.

I would like to end up doing exploit research and malware design eventually. Design stuff like stuxnet, flame and duqu.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Got my very own computer without having to share with my siblings, and started tinkering with it and love the feeling of maintaining a PC. Roomie got infected with ransonware, and that got me looking into malware protection and got very intrigue with the subject. Hope to learn lots here as it has heaps of information.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
In my sparetime i play a bit of WOT

You sold me, what are you selling again? Type 59 :p

Bat-penguin in real life, but when I have time, programmer analyst.

I'm interested in IT / Malware / Virus / female penguins / Software Protection / Nutella / Programming / analysis /etc...

ALL FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY

=> I must protect my Bat tools.

I want to break free...

Just found this today and it took me about 10 minutes to typie this post, been laughing and smiling so much!!!!! What more can you ask from MT, it has Danger (malware samples), it has comedy (female pengiuns :p), GAMERS! and all the greatest mods and members.

Last but not least, a happy ending, all malware and viruses will be vanquish! Go AV TESTERS and DEV's!

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Just found this today and it took me about 10 minutes to typie this post, been laughing and smiling so much!!!!! What more can you ask from MT, it has Danger (malware samples), it has comedy (female pengiuns :p), GAMERS! and all the greatest mods and members.

Last but not least, a happy ending, all malware and viruses will be vanquish! Go AV TESTERS and DEV's!
Few people have noted the humor part in my post on this thread :)
I am "Happy feet" it made you laugh :)

Giannis

Level 2
Verified
Oct 27, 2014
Joined back after a 2 years break!

Interesting thread, I'm currently studying Computer Science in England. At the moment, I'm learning C, C#, SQL and planning to learn more in the future as the university course progresses (C++, JAVA, HTML, CSS etc). I'm interested in becoming a developer in the future (mostly in a gaming company) but I'm also into malware, security, researching, learning new things as well so I don't know which path I'm going to follow in the future!

W

Wave

Joined back after a 2 years break!

Interesting thread, I'm currently studying Computer Science in England. At the moment, I'm learning C, C#, SQL and planning to learn more in the future as the university course progresses (C++, JAVA, HTML, CSS etc). I'm interested in becoming a developer in the future (mostly in a gaming company) but I'm also into malware, security, researching, learning new things as well so I don't know which path I'm going to follow in the future!
:O I remember you back from 2014, I recognize the username! Welcome back! :)

Reactions: XhenEd and Giannis

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I work as a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) programmer, but I've always been passionate about IT security.
In my experience many people think that computer security isn't a very important topic, they believe that an attack will cause damage, but probably they don't know what are the real dangers related to malcoders and cybercrime.
If each of us could get a good baggage of information, the weak ring of the safety chain, would not be so weak.

pumax

Feb 24, 2015
Hello,
I am new to this forum.I am viewing this site since about more than 2years I think. I am interested in reading about IT.I like always be secure.I choice the best Security software for my devices every year.I love your site.

hamusan

Mar 12, 2017
Personal Note:
It's completely optional whether you feel like participating in this topic.
-Earth

. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

. If a student, do you plan to work in the above-related fields in the future?

Just getting some insight about the IT Field from any who are part of it. :)

==Probably bored
==started with configuring routers
--suprisingly graduated

Reactions: frogboy and DardiM

Mr. Meck

Mar 13, 2017
I am a Computer Service Technology Instructor looking for a Malware or virus sample, preferably neutered, that can be used in a student testing environment. Before this I was a IT admin for a small manufacturing company for 18 years. I've removed a ton of viruses and malware but I never keep any samples.

Nur Muhammad

Apr 5, 2017
i am not very sure whether i am interested about IT/TECH. but I have been on and off read about Malwares, viruses, new Tech.
My work do not related to any IT/Tech industries but I just like to get know more regarding the newest Tech.

Reactions: DardiM and frogboy

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
It all started from the interest of computer hacking 16 years ago. I am no gamer...not a good gamer, though I used love PC games. Then, now I am taking care of the faclities, infra of my company and recently focusing more on security solutions. Now I have to beef up my company's security from all perimeters while managing and monitoring my team's task. Daunting task but exciting. My profiles pics shows the other side of my life and passion for guitar and music. :)

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
. Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

-> don't know why, I started near 1982 I think. With the casio fx702p calculator of my father. It was the begining of my passion, thanks to him.

. If a student, do you plan to work in the above-related fields in the future?

-> when I was student, I wanted to work in the IT. But after beeing graduated, I fail to be recruited in the IT schools. Because the IT was the only thing that interest me, so my level in school was not good. So I've start to work in a big public company as an administrative assistant, and they offer me to replace an IT handy man who was leaving (develop, scan for viruses, help peoples, install PC...). It was the begining of my carrer, thanks to them.

. What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?

-> After beeing the IT handyman, I made it to be a developper (C++, ASP, SQL...), and now I'm a team manager. My current team is working on performance test. An interesting job. Thanks to my team, they are nice guys.

Last edited:

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
I work in printing industry from '97 and moved to graphic design 10 years ago.
First contact with a PC was in '96 but in '02 i bought one for myself and asked a friend (not such a great ideea-he was not a computer geek as he claimed to be) to came and install a copy of windows (2000) and from then i was trying to autodidact my self, learn as much i can of how OS works, hardware/software related problems/troubleshooting, various software, little bit of programing and here i am still learning and looking for answers.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.