Hello, what are your Interests? Do you have Dream Career, or Job Goals?

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Why are you interested in IT/Technology/Malware/Software?

It's a long story. It all started in 2009, when my family got their first pc with WinXp. It was a desktop with amd Athelon dual core processor , 2GB ram (At the time it was a big deal to have 2GB of ram). After getting the PC I didn't even knew what the hell i was supposed to do to start "paint" application (after watching some classmates drawing on paint in school i was curious). I started to get used to it. We didn't have any internet connection at that time, only had a Nokia 6070 on which GPRS was activated. After 1 year or so, i got my first phone Nokia C2-01, it had 3G internet @384 kbps (which was kind of a big deal as i was browsing internet on 2G/gprs family phone until now). After some weeks, i got an idea to try to connect pc to internet via phone. But there was a problem, how to connect the damn pc to phone. I Googled, my phone had 2 options to connect via Bluetooth and usb cable. But my pc didn't had Bluetooth, so i got USB cable from a friend. Downloaded Nokia pc suite on gprs connection (i was so damn patient at the time), took about 45 min. Installed it and pc connected to internet for the first time. Took a minute so to load the msn home page (it was thrilling to watch IE load a webpage for the first time). Browsed to Google.com to check everything was working fine. There i first heard of Chrome, and installed it. After some time about six months later, pc started acting crazy, popups on every page, programs starting without my permission. That was the first time i even thought that maybe my computer had a virus from pendrive (at time i already had heard of virus, didn't know what was it, just that i causes slow windows). My elder brother asked his friend for advice, who suggested we use avast 4. He installed it on pc and it detected some viruses (we were so happy). But after some time windows became slow again. This time avast couldn't detect anything (which we found out later, that the cause was Avast's database were not updated ever, we didn't even know that we had do something called updating).
After another 3-4 months we started updating WinXp and avast both (by downloading updates from internet cafe).
After sometime pc was hit with something very nasty. Avast v5 wouldn't start nor uninstall, same thing with Kaspersky trial. That's when i found Malwarebytes forum. I posted there for getting help. Maurice Naggar helped me there in getting rid of a nasty rootkit (first time i even heard the term).
After cleaning up my pc he suggested me some articles to study regarding safe practices online. It was a major turning point, for my curiosity was ignited by this event. I regularly visited tech sites to brushup my knowledge about internet, OS, malware, technology etc. and i still do this even today.

What's your career job?
I am a Civil Engineer (Batchelor of Technology) graduated in 2014. After working for 1 year as Executive Engineer in an PSU i resigned as the job was not for me. I am currently preparing for Engineering services (a central government job especially for Engineering professionals).

Sorry for the long post.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I have really enjoyed reading this thread and seeing what you all do for a living, quite a lot of you are already in the IT business in some way and i guess that that relates to why you are interested in security and keeping your pc's in tip top condition.

Me ? Up until about 5/6 years ago, i had absolutely no idea how to even switch a computer on so i plucked up the courage to go on a small computer course for learning the basics, it was primarily aimed at the older generation but even though i was younger (much much younger :p than others) it opened up a whole new world for me, i am disabled and not in employment so for me it is my lifeline in a lot of respects, it helps me to do things when i am not physically able to or when i can't get out, just simple things like shopping etc and looking at nonsense mostly !!!

I make cards/scrapbooking as a hobby and started to use some graphics software to help me but that is all a learning curve as well but i know what i know and that is about all i can ask of myself. I'm just a lowly home user who has no knowledge of anything computer related really and i joined this site to try to become more security conscious. I doubt i will ever be able to "help" anyone but i enjoy reading about the security side of things (even though i don't understand a lot of it. I remember getting a virus of some sort and contacted Microsoft to try to help me as it all seemed to happen after a windows update (so naturally i blamed them, lol) well they fixed it remotely and charged me a small fortune and they suggested i look in on this forum as a point of interest and up until a couple of months ago i had never gotten around to it. Reading back on some of the malware removal guides, i could probably have done it myself as there are step by step instructions on the particular malware i had but now that i am here and if it ever happened again then i am sure some kind soul would help me ;)

Whoops, that turned into a novel there, sorry about that guys :oops:. Anyway, i'm enjoying myself here even though i don't much so thank you all for all the helpful stuff you post.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014

It's a long story. It all started in 2009, when my family got their first pc with WinXp. It was a desktop with amd Athelon dual core processor , 2GB ram (At the time it was a big deal to have 2GB of ram). After getting the PC I didn't even knew what the hell i was supposed to do to start "paint" application (after watching some classmates drawing on paint in school i was curious). I started to get used to it. We didn't have any internet connection at that time, only had a Nokia 6070 on which GPRS was activated. After 1 year or so, i got my first phone Nokia C2-01, it had 3G internet @384 kbps (which was kind of a big deal as i was browsing internet on 2G/gprs family phone until now). After some weeks, i got an idea to try to connect pc to internet via phone. But there was a problem, how to connect the damn pc to phone. I Googled, my phone had 2 options to connect via Bluetooth and usb cable. But my pc didn't had Bluetooth, so i got USB cable from a friend. Downloaded Nokia pc suite on gprs connection (i was so damn patient at the time), took about 45 min. Installed it and pc connected to internet for the first time. Took a minute so to load the msn home page (it was thrilling to watch IE load a webpage for the first time). Browsed to Google.com to check everything was working fine. There i first heard of Chrome, and installed it. After some time about six months later, pc started acting crazy, popups on every page, programs starting without my permission. That was the first time i even thought that maybe my computer had a virus from pendrive (at time i already had heard of virus, didn't know what was it, just that i causes slow windows). My elder brother asked his friend for advice, who suggested we use avast 4. He installed it on pc and it detected some viruses (we were so happy). But after some time windows became slow again. This time avast couldn't detect anything (which we found out later, that the cause was Avast's database were not updated ever, we didn't even know that we had do something called updating).
After another 3-4 months we started updating WinXp and avast both (by downloading updates from internet cafe).
After sometime pc was hit with something very nasty. Avast v5 wouldn't start nor uninstall, same thing with Kaspersky trial. That's when i found Malwarebytes forum. I posted there for getting help. Maurice Naggar helped me there in getting rid of a nasty rootkit (first time i even heard the term).
After cleaning up my pc he suggested me some articles to study regarding safe practices online. It was a major turning point, for my curiosity was ignited by this event. I regularly visited tech sites to brushup my knowledge about internet, OS, malware, technology etc. and i still do this even today.

What's your career job?
I am a Civil Engineer (Batchelor of Technology) graduated in 2014. After working for 1 year as Executive Engineer in an PSU i resigned as the job was not for me. I am currently preparing for Engineering services (a central government job especially for Engineering professionals).

Sorry for the long post.
Similar situation here. Knew nothing about computer security, etc. Had massive infection (over 1200 examples:eek::eek:), self cleaned, had tons of remnants, etc.:eek: Ended up here, got helped by TwinHeadedEagle and since then have never looked back.:D
I've learned loads from this place and have been clean for almost 3 years, bar one or two minor Pups that were booted off quick.:p
Best thing of all is that it's a great place to be, lots of friendly, knowledgeable people, great mods and staff:D
Have always been a natural with IT anyway, in fact one of my first jobs was in an IT support unit in the days before the internet really kicked off.;) Yep, batch files, back up tapes, 80386 processors, etc....:cool:

hirudora56

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2017
By profession I am a hardware & networking contractor. I manage or help to manage IT infrastructure of some private companies. I was not aiming for this field when I opted for college. I am an Electronics engineer, specializing in VLSI. In my second year of college, we were to deliver a presentation. My college has a personal SMB share for students only for sharing notes & projects. But the day before the presentation, the share caught a virus. Basically an adware. But someone tried to manually remove the file in safe mode & bricked the OS. It was my first real world experience with malware troubleshooting. I, with the help of my professors, was able to login to that admin PC & make a backup of the share. But for me it was interesting, more than looking down a PCB board.

ahity

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2017
hello before im working on company im web developer on my home with my friend but we stop it for a while , now im working not on good posiition to be a professional IT i mean my work not focus on one job, networking not sure, programming comypletely not, just watch youtube on my office ..

im interest on IT because game then i learn about system requirement on game then i know how to upgrade computer , then my windows infected some virus then i learn how to reinstalling my windows, partition.. its when im 12years .. :p

im interest something new, something different , so now i want to learn about virus, maybe not to be pro virus/malware analysis im so far away from that..

ali982

Jun 11, 2017
mrhaba.ekomi ile ilgileniyorum ama bilişim teknolojileri üzerine çalıştım.yazılım inceleme kurma kullanama merakım var.bu blog güvenlik yazılımlarıyla ilgili bir çok faydalı bilgi içeriyor.

L

Local Host

Been interested in it ever since I had my hands in a computer, interest in Anti-Virus came years after when I wanted to learn more in order to help myself and others around me.

What's your career job? If related to IT or any of the above, how did you get started?
I'm a Network Engineer, quite honestly when I studied IT this was the last place where I saw myself working (it wasn't a field I was deeply interested, was more interested in Computer Maintenance).

I got sent into a Network Company and greatly enjoyed my time there.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Last month I got accepted to the first year of computer science in the university of my city.
My goal is to get the degree with specialization in cyber security.
Good luck. Please don't leave MT (except during exams, hahaa!) because Cyber security info is updated regularly @MT than on outdated textbooks depicting older attack vectors and boring theories. At the moment, I'm seeing two ships in front of me either PH.D in CSE or a job.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Good luck. Please don't leave MT (except during exams, hahaa!) because Cyber security info is updated regularly @MT than on outdated textbooks depicting older attack vectors and boring theories. At the moment, I'm seeing two ships in front of me either PH.D in CSE or a job.
That is very good news my friend well done and as @Vasudev says please hang around here at MT still. ;):)
Thanks so much my friends :)
I'll not leave MT for sure, just a bit of administrative commitments this period, because of university enrollment.
Indeed, listening to some friends, I should have a lot of free time in the future, so they say :):unsure:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Last month I got accepted to the first year of computer science in the university of my city.
My goal is to get the degree with specialization in cyber security.

Oh good luck with it all @tim one

Thanks so much my friends :)
I'll not leave MT for sure, just a bit of administrative commitments this period, because of university enrollment.
Indeed, listening to some friends, I should have a lot of free time in the future, so they say :):unsure:

I hope so, because you bring a lot to MT as well as learning i guess. I know i don't understand a lot of it (and never will) but my aim was never to help others on this site but to be as safe as i possibly can and people like yourself, help me to do that :D

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Oh good luck with it all @tim one

I hope so, because you bring a lot to MT as well as learning i guess. I know i don't understand a lot of it (and never will) but my aim was never to help others on this site but to be as safe as i possibly can and people like yourself, help me to do that :D
Thanks @Weebarra, great people for a great community, when someone is in need, others help, and here there is a lot of good collaboration ;)

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Why am I interested in IT/tech? Well, for starters it's my career. :) I've been working in the software and network fields (enterprise + desktop application development, CRM, deployment & maintenance, network security etc.) at various points in time in a career that goes back to the early '90s. I am also a former MS Certified Professional (Systems Engineer and Solution Developer).

I dabbled in the Finance and Management consulting fields very early in my career. But the geek in me took hold and pulled me right back into technology. And there I have remained ever since.

Asha05

Nov 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to say "Hi"
I was in the IT field years ago, like a long time ago LOL, so don't fault me if I ask a silly question.
Technology has advanced so much that I sometimes feel like I don't know anything....ever feel that way?
Anyway, I just love to learn, can't devote the time to learn new software (which I love to do) because I am taking care of Mom.
I found this site while looking at reviews on Wisecare 365 started using it just recently. Previously I was using Advanced Pro for some years.
I look forward to learning lots from the wealth of info on this forum.
Thank you for having me!!!! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.