Kaspersky and SEP
Fav. Videogame
Zelda

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hi this is Randy! Opened the account a couples of days ago but just decided to say hi now! I consider myself and advanced user and I have a major in Computer Science. Love everything about computers, security and some extra stuff. I'm writing this post using my mac right now but I do use my PC most of the time as well. I don't know if its going to be interesting but I just want to share the security programs I use with my Windows 7 HP Laptop at the moment. Used to have Kaspersky but didn't wanted to pay again because it slows down my system a bit. Now Im running Symantec Endpoint Protection (running excellent so far) and very light on system resources. Running Malwarebytes Premium, Zemana Antilogger, Malwarebytes anti exploit, plus EMET 4.1 as for extras I run hitman pro sometimes to scan and see if it finds anything and Emsisoft Emergency Kit, plus I run Kaspersky Rescue Disk or Norton Power Eraser. That's basically it! System runs smooth with all these. I love to do a lot of security test and I tend to use sandboxie or bufferzone and I know I have a lot of security programs but besides the first ones the rest I run as portables with Comodo Cleaning Essentials. My laptop is an HP i7 extreme with 6 GB RAM and 750 HDD 5200 rpm I hate my hard drive but planning to get an SSD since my mac has one and its really a PLUS. As for extra devices I own 3 laptops with Windows and 2 Macs and 1 ipad 2 and an ipad mini. Love my Galaxy smartphone too.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Hello and welcome Randy. Enjoy your stay at MalwareTips :)

Reactions: randj89

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Welcome Randy (randj89)!:) Excuse my late arrival in greeting you, but better late than... you know.:rolleyes: Let me say how reading your introduction was as enjoyable as it was filled with detail!;) I'm also looking forward to reading more threads you shall post, and learning what security, if any, you use on your Galaxy's Android system.:cool:

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Nice Cats-4_Owners-2 on my Galaxy I use Kaspersky free and malwarebytes I don't run anything on real time because you know battery concerns. But I do a weekly scan with them just to make sure everything is ok ;) I really like to exploit my phone's battery to the maximum and with an antivirus running I don't think it could work as I want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.