Hello Everyone! I am an IT Instrucor looking for sample Malware to teach my students.

Hey, I’m ___ and from
North America
Age group
31 - 40
Last known PC infection
Over 5 years ago or never
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Mobile OS
iOS
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
Comodo
Fav. Videogame
Call of Duty!!!!

fost1987

Thread author
Nov 12, 2019
Hi there everyone,

Like the subject states, I am an IT Instructor and joined the website hoping to find some good sample Malware to teach my students. I am currently teaching Security + and we are in the process of learning about the different types of malware. Any insight you can provide on how to obtain said samples would be appreciated. We are implementing the samples in a secure Virtual Environment with offline standalone machines.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Hello and welcome, a safer way for students to learn might be from a site like this that explains in great detail how many of the newer threats work and other various details about it. Malware Trends Tracker | ANY.RUN

You may be able to download some samples from this link but remember these samples can be dangerous in handling if not done correctly
Code:
https://cape.contextis.com/

Are you "AdvancedSetup" from Malwarebytes?

fost1987

Thread author
Nov 12, 2019
Hello and welcome, a safer way for students to learn might be from a site like this that explains in great detail how many of the newer threats work and other various details about it. Malware Trends Tracker | ANY.RUN

You may be able to download some samples from this link but remember these samples can be dangerous in handling if not done correctly
Thank you so much for this tip. I have a secure envirnment at home that I test all this out on before the students have access. I have am Security + certified and saftey is the number one priority for me while showing my steudents the diffenrt forms of malware and viruses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
That was my fault I requested it. Can you tell me how to gain excess to the malware hub? I was told to reach out to the moderators but finding out how to do that has proved troublesome.
Not a problem :) I am just looking out for those who might not know exactly what they are clicking on.
It is better to share these links within the malware hub or via private message.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.