Hello from a new member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd say 'hello' to all as I've already posted my problem and thought that was a bit rude without saying hello first. :D

I'm another victim of the Smart HDD virus :(

Hoping to get cured!!

S.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Siouxsiesue said:
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd say 'hello' to all as I've already posted my problem and thought that was a bit rude without saying hello first. :D

I'm another victim of the Smart HDD virus :(

Hoping to get cured!!

S.
Welcome Siouxsiesue :drinks:
Don't worry about the Smart HDD virus,we will help you remove it and then we can help you build up a solid security configuration so this won't happen ever again ;)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Hi SiouxieSue,
Welcome to the Playground Twist, have nice times here :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi and welcome to our community :) :welcomewave:. And enjoy your stay.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Howdy and welcome, so do you know how you got infected with Smart HDD?
Most people that I know clicked on a infected fake alert page and downloaded it.

Good day.:D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips.

Hope that you enjoy your stay.

The first stop that we recommend is the PC Security Configuration Wizard so that we can give you feedback on your configuration.

Have a look around the forum. You will learn quite a few new things here ;)

Once again welcome :)

Siouxsiesue

Thread author
Apr 24, 2012
Littlebits said:
Howdy and welcome, so do you know how you got infected with Smart HDD?
Most people that I know clicked on a infected fake alert page and downloaded it.

Good day.:D

Hello

As far as my daughter tells me (as it was her computer that got infected) she was running Facebook and a games website that she'd been on all morning and was also watching a film on CD (that's multi-tasking for you!) She'd paused the film to view Facebook and when she pressed play again about 12 alerts appeared and everything else disappeared with the smart HDD repair screen starting to 'scan' the computer. It was at this point that she came running to me!!

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.