Hello from USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozz

Level 1
Thread author
May 2, 2017
Hey guys, I recently got the desire to improve the network/internet security for my computer and network, I was hoping to get some advice from others here about what works well for you and why you like it. Currently I am running Windows Defender, but I keep feeling like gotta switch it and I have never felt satisfied with it. I do like Malwarebytes but I only use that on a more as needed basis. Windows Firewall I do use but I would like to know what other options there are for it and if I like one enough I would make the change. My only complaint major complaint about Windows Firewall is not being able to setup rules for traffic based on a directory, such as everything within D:\Test is blocked.

I am also interested in portable versions for these applications as well, since I do computer tech support for a living. Having these kind of tools on hand and easily accessible from a flash drive/cloud storage comes in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.