Hello MalwareTips! Is Windows 10 tracking me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston22

Thread author
Oct 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
I’m very knew to all of this, my degree and knowledge is accounting. I just bought a brand new HP computer and I noticed Windows10 tracking me and downloading my data. That led me to days of reading sites like this one.

I did install, from GitHub, and now windows is really on me. Again why I’m here. I disabled them from my wi-fi, but they are still on my computer, which is now sitting I drained the battery.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Hi everyone,
I’m very knew to all of this, my degree and knowledge is accounting. I just bought a brand new HP computer and I noticed Windows10 tracking me and downloading my data. That led me to days of reading sites like this one.

I did install, from GitHub, and now windows is really on me. Again why I’m here. I disabled them from my wi-fi, but they are still on my computer, which is now sitting I drained the battery.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Check back here, you will get the help you're looking for. Welcome Boston.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hello and welcome to MT. There are a lot of articles and guides on the internet for disabling Win10 tracking, a simple google search will do it for you. What makes you confident that Windows is still tracking you after applying the said utility from github?

If you still need something specific feel free to ask

Boston22

Thread author
Oct 3, 2017
Thank you all for the welcomes I appreciate it
I know they are tracking, I can see a file called “us en”. I believe and I seen the programs I installed to block Windows. Also I put a firewall on, Comondo, and we can see Microsoft. Also, I opened OneNote and saw all my files being downloaded. Urg. I was logged in under a user called Friend but now it’s my name and another user I had before.
I would love One program to get rid of all of this so I can use my new computer!

Welcome @Boston22 to MWT :)

Here You are a link that may help You: Poll - Anti-Spying Tool for Windows 10
Thanks I will try it in about an hour. Should I put it on a flash drive then upload!

Last edited by a moderator:

L S

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
I know they are tracking, I can see a file called “us en”. I believe and I seen the programs I installed to block Windows. Also I put a firewall on, Comondo, and we can see Microsoft. Also, I opened OneNote and saw all my files being downloaded. Urg. I was logged in under a user called Friend but now it’s my name and another user I had before.
I would love One program to get rid of all of this so I can use my new computer!
Hello and Welcome to MT :) - And for your question = Try the "" Spybot Anti-Beacon "" For Windows Privacy - It's Great Program, Doing Great Job !!! (y)

Boston22

Thread author
Oct 3, 2017
HEllo and Welcome to MT!
It's a great place here!
I’m not sure. I’ve done everything to get Microsoft off my computer and they have now put more firewalls, remote login, file transfers and on and on. Urg

Boston22

Thread author
Oct 3, 2017

Thanks I will try it in about an hour. Should I put it on a flash drive then upload!
I’ve bee
Hello and Welcome to MT :) - And for your question = Try the "" Spybot Anti-Beacon "" For Windows Privacy - It's Great Program, Doing Great Job !!! (y)

I’ll try it but Microsoft has more firewalls. Etc I need an IT person

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.