Hello MT's, I hope I did this right, I'm a newby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m ___ and from
North America
Age group
41 - 50
Last known PC infection
Fav. Web Browser
Google Chrome
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
ESET NOD32
Fav. Videogame
Hitman 2: Silent Assasin

jadequest99

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Hello to all MalwareTips Community, I've recently uninstalled Advanced SystemCare 8 Pro and before that was also trying other Utility software tools like, iolo's System Mechanic 14.5, Glary Utilities and WiseCare 365,

so I've tried them and uninstalled BUT my question is have I done any harm to my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit OS? Because I'm an old school PC user I don't want to upgrade yet, I tried WIN 8.1 and I can't stand it. And I took the advice from MT's responses "NOT" to use "snake oil" tools such as the ones I mentioned. Any help welcomed.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
G'day and welcome to MalwareTips. I hope you enjoy the your time here in the forums.:)

Hello to all MalwareTips Community, I've recently uninstalled Advanced SystemCare 8 Pro and before that was also trying other Utility software tools like, iolo's System Mechanic 14.5, Glary Utilities and WiseCare 365,

so I've tried them and uninstalled BUT my question is have I done any harm to my Windows 7 Professional 32-bit OS? Because I'm an old school PC user I don't want to upgrade yet, I tried WIN 8.1 and I can't stand it. And I took the advice from MT's responses "NOT" to use "snake oil" tools such as the ones I mentioned. Any help welcomed.
If it still working it is most likely still good to go. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jadequest99

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
If it still working it is most likely still good to go. ;)
Yes my Old Laptop is still doing well, saving up to buy me a newer one. That's why I was hesitant to use any type of Tweaking software utility program that's out there ?

G'day and welcome to MalwareTips. I hope you enjoy the your time here in the forums.:)
Thank you I'm looking forward to any advice from the community, so glad there's friendly support when in need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello jadequest99, and welcome! We're glad that by choosing to become a part of the community you are, in turn, enhancing and expanding the friendly support you so kindly spoke of!:) If you feel you are ready to receive a variety of advice and tips bestowed upon you, our newest member, why not share your system configuration by posting a new thread here http://malwaretips.com/forums/security-configuration-wizard.12/ It's nice meeting you too!:D

PS Our cats especially love sleeping on the warm keyboards of our lap tops!:p

jadequest99

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Thank you all here at Malware Tips, I feel very welcomed and plan on returning, already I'm receiving responses to questions and that was very quick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.