Hello, my name is David and Ive been infected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDave

Thread author
Jun 8, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I need help. I got the dreaded call 1 877 ....... this am and killed the window and rebooted. Now I got blue preparing auto repair/your pc didn't start correctly choose restart or adv options. Of course I never made a startup stick and don't have a windows disk. I bought the Hp pc at best buy and it didn't come with a windows disk. And yes I know I am an idiot. Suggestions on where to roam and find answers would be appreciated.

VeeekTor

Level 5
Verified
May 16, 2017
Problem is IF you do boot into windows, that also makes the virus and malware software active also.

You see what I mean...The bad software runs inside of Windows 10 (RIGHT).

So use another computer, or go to local business where you can pay to use PC and put 2 or 3 free removal software on USB. OR Buy the above FixMe Stick.

Now boot with the USB avoiding Windows, and the bad software altogether.

Run 2 or 3 of the scans and your clean.

VeeekTor

Level 5
Verified
May 16, 2017
Hello and Welcome to MalwareTips!

I would also suggest following @frogboy post and link, but would also like to add, you can make a free windows 10 bootable CD or bootable Flashdrive by going here: Download Windows 10 at any time.[/QUO

I don't think he can follow your suggestions if his PC is trashed, thus my suggestion to clean PC outside of windows.

Looks like he was lucky just to make his original post, and possibly made it from another PC.

Desperate solutions for desperate measures....Or something like that..

RangerDave

Thread author
Jun 8, 2017
I don't think he can follow your suggestions if his PC is trashed, thus my suggestion to clean PC outside of windows.

Looks like he was lucky just to make his original post, and possibly made it from another PC.

You are correct. Using different PC. Desktop is a boat anchor. I will try the suggestions though. Big thank you to everyone for the advise. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017

I was well aware of his situation when I posted the link. It would be common sense not to try and use the same messed up system to do this on, but to use another in the house or a buddies system. I provided the link because it does not cost anything to make and store a copy of windows 10, which can be used to reformat a machine and also to repair one.

Last edited:

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Welcome David :)

UWuu5T0.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.