Hello! Where have you been all my life???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
Hi everyone!

I've been posting here for the last few days already, but failed to introduce myself properly in the beginning.

As someone very interested in security and privacy I can only say to this community: "Where have you been all my life????". The amount of good information and help from the members has, so far, been outstanding.

I use Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes. Will use more security suites from now on thanks to the good advice I already got here.

Please keep up the good work! There's always a good and interesting topic to read about over here!

W

Wave

Hello! :)

What's Malware??
Malware stands for "malicious software" and it is any piece of software which was developed for the intention of causing some sort of harm (hence the word "malicious" -> bad intentions). To help you understand this better, a virus is a type of malicious software; there are many different types, others would include: worms, ransomware, botnets, backdoors, rootkits and keyloggers.

"Where have you been all my life????"
I've been hereeeeee baby!!! :p (don't worry just kidding haha)

SpectacularTheDude

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2017
Hello! :)

Malware stands for "malicious software" and it is any piece of software which was developed for the intention of causing some sort of harm (hence the word "malicious" -> bad intentions). To help you understand this better, a virus is a type of malicious software; there are many different types, others would include: worms, ransomware, botnets, backdoors, rootkits and keyloggers.
Ahah I know what it is! I chose that option because I thought it was some sort of joke as in "I haven't been infect in so long I forgot what it even is". Good thing you said that so I could change it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.