Solved Help removing Com Surrogate virus.

Bobbio

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
I described everything I really needed to in the previous boxes for the helpers. Tried using multiple virus scanners, all trying to find this gosh darn com surrogate. All I know is I see two dllhost.exe boxes in this system file, don't know if I want to delete them because they both say they're from com surrogate. Help would be very, very appreciative, please and thank you, don't want to have to get a new computer because of this :( I uploaded the addition and FRST.txt because I didn't know if I need to upload both of them.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 4

Bobbio

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
I may have removed it by following a youtube video that explained that I had to go into the properties, disallow this thing called "TrustedInstaller" to make changes, then delete that DL host thing ran by the fake com surrogate. Unless it's still there, if anyone knows that I'll be receiving it again, please reply, please and thank you :>)

Bobbio

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
Wondering why my thread is the only one who didn't get replied too, well that's depressing.

Bobbio

Thread author
Apr 20, 2016
So I think it's still here, can someone PLEASE reply to help, I see every thread getting help ):

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.