Advice Request Help wanted to block promoted tweets on Twitter.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Since Twitter got a new interface design I can't seem to block promoted tweets (Uitgelicht in Dutch) anymore with the AdGuard extension or with uBlock Origin.
I have to reload the Twitter startpage many times before they get blocked in the end.
Also posed the issue on GitHub - AdGuard Filters - Issues:
Does anybody know a rule or a filter that could help?

Aantekening 2019-09-20 185633.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You can use tweetdeck instead of twitter on desktop

Edit : element picker on whole ad > i dont see ads anymore? ( as stupid as it sounds)
Thanks for that option, but it would nice to filter the "normal" Twitter. :unsure:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I solved my issue together with the maker of uBlock origin on Twitter.

I looked at his uBlock filters:
Code:
!twitter.com##article:has-text(/Promoted|Gesponsert|Реклама|Promocionado|Sponsorisé/):xpath(../..)
twitter.com##:xpath(//span[(text()='Promoted' or text()='Gesponsert' or text()='Реклама' or text()='Promocionado'or text()='Sponsorisé']/../../../../..)
twitter.com##[data-testid="trend"]:has-text(/Promoted|Gesponsert|Реклама|Promocionado|Sponsorisé/):xpath(..)
I saw that the Dutch word for Promoted (Uitgelicht) was not there.
After adding that to his filters my issue is gone :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.